Odd bug
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Andro
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Odd bug

I apologize if this has been covered before.

I've started encountering this odd bug since chapter 4 (now on chapter 5). When in the newworld areas and trying to manipulate an object that would bring up a dialogue (bed, alchemist's bench, anvil etc etc), the character goes into the animation for that object, but the dialogue never appears. I've checked and I certainly have all the items necessary to use these things (smith's hammer, hot metal, lab flasks), but even if I didn't, that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't let me use the beds.

Anyone else experienced this?
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:26 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I never had any problems with the beds. The things like sawing wood, picking ore with a pickaxe, or sweeping aren't supposed to display any kind of results. Once or twice though, when trying to approach an alchemist's bench to make potions, or even a book stand to read a book, I've gotten stuck and had to force-quit (Ctrl+Delete) out. It rarely happened, so it was easily overlooked. If your experiencing this problem while attempting to sleep in a bed, then I would agree you've got some kind of problem happening there. Unfortunately, I have no idea how one would go about solving that problem. I'm sure others will respond with more suggestions...

You could also try posting or E-mailing support on the official site...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:53 pm
Andro
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It's certainly a bug. The things I'm trying to do should definitely be popping up a selection box (sleeping for example, and no, I'm not possesed). Everytime I want to forge, sleep or make a potion now I have to travel to oldworld. Most annoying. I've made a post on the JoWood forums and emailed them, hopefully the bug is at least one they're aware of.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:36 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

This is the first I've heard of it... Being that it works fine in the valley of mines but not in the new areas... I bet they'll probably just tell you to re-install the game from scratch. It seems there would be a lot more fuss about it if it were a common issue...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i dont think reinstalling would help in that case it can be that u got some kind of bad file or something in newworld
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:24 pm
Andro
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It didn't hinder me too much, as I managed to complete the game with the bug present (could still work forges and the like in oldworld and on the final island). No big deal
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:38 pm
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Enter 'hero export foo' and 'hero import foo' in the devmode's console.
(this should only happen if you played around with marvin)

.nico
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:19 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

one tip never try marvin first time later after u finish the game and u go on another round then play with it otherwise u get bugs
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:14 pm
Andro
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, a wise choice. I used hero export to readminister points I'd put into bow when I decided I'd rather use xbows. That's probably the source of the bug I experienced.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:29 pm