Usergroups
Ideas and Opinions on what would make Gothic series better
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yeah, but it's certainly not needed. In games like severance you needed to use the combo's because otherwise you would be hacking for half an hour on some kind of monster. There's no real advantage to use the slower combo's. Of course there are many ways to make it more lively, but a better combat system would be great. With combo's it would be more spectacular, for example if you use left-swing twice the hero would make the first time a left-swing but the second time he would make a different move, maybe a left-slice or something (you'll need to time it correctly of course). It could also be depending on your fighting skill. So more combo's as a master than as a rookie.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 5:24 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by a24710
a more complex combat system

just like blade edge of darkness, also known as severance, edge of darkness

mixing gothic with blade´s combats would be fucking superb

in fact gothic combat is similar to blade´s one, but it has a really poorer implementation

cheers

Thats a nice idea, or they could make the weapon making different so you could have the possibility of making a sword better through out the game. Instead of just making a powerful weapon instantly. So it makes it more intresting, and then that also makes you want to thrive to make the best sword. So you could add spells to it, sharpen it, or make it dull. Poison it or shape it into a neat design.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:09 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

btw if u kill the creature only with left right tactics then sometimes it can take pretty much time cos it backs up and can even damage u sometimes , tho if u use more forwart left right block or something like that u can actually kill him faster cos u wont wait till the creature will run at you again u gonna hit it hit it and hit it
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:06 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i side step when they run at me. So then i just smack em as they go by.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:17 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What about the game being more strategic insted of just hacking and slashing your way through the game. Like you have to knock sumthin down and use your head to kill a creature or sumtin like that. Opinions?
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:33 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Mmmm nice idea, but not for creatures but for certain quests could proof quite interesting
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:35 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea, but they already have puzzles for quests and stuff which is sorta annoying, but ooo well keep those opinions coming.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:42 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

But they should only do that for a very small amount of animals. For example in G2, they could have made it so that you couldn't possibly kill the black troll. But instead you needed to make some rock collapse on top of the troll to kill it. That would be fun, but not that you'll need to use puzzle to kill every snapper or warg.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:53 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
But they should only do that for a very small amount of animals. For example in G2, they could have made it so that you couldn't possibly kill the black troll. But instead you needed to make some rock collapse on top of the troll to kill it. That would be fun, but not that you'll need to use puzzle to kill every snapper or warg.

yup its a very good idea imo . To put somekind of another killing or knocking down way , more puzzled way like Sem allready told about the troll . But only for very important creatures / people .
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:19 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea there were rocks around the black troll that looked like they were ready to fall down.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:05 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

That would look to much like an adventure
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:14 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Since the mainland is getting bigger than G2, then i suggest some kind of mount, maybe a scavenger mount as we havn't seen any horse in the game yet, and maybe some kind of firend of Xardas, another dark sorcerer who will help you on the mainland and tell you more about Xardas and give you some of the larger quests like Xardas did.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:55 pm
SwitchBlade
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

An auto run forward function similar to Morrowind. Save me from cramp & sore fingers.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe autorun mode isnt also a bad idea actually but i dont think the land will be that boring and big that u dont wanna see the places 2-10 times
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:15 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

If there will be riding, then there could also be a mini game: riding for money and xp with other competitors, with no rules and the track would be in the most dangerous places (like riding around the catle in VoM, something like that)
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next