Auto-point allocation on level?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Jurist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Auto-point allocation on level?

Man, its a real drag allocating each point upgrade on each of six characters every time there's a level-up (usually after every 2 or so battles). Is there some sort of mechanism to automatically allocate bonus points based upon class/race?

Thanks
Post Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:02 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Nope. After the first few levels, you'll be looking forward to the occasional chance to add on some points.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:18 am
Pinch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zuh?

This has got to be the strangest complaint about an RPG I have ever seen.

Jurist you are a lazy, lazy man.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:55 pm
Jurist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sheesh, it's a game for gosh sakes! I just don't like having to constantly allocate stats among 6 characters while I'm exploring. Kinda takes away from the immersion. A little automation would have been nice.

You can still have a "deep" experience without constantly worrying about math. I don't mind having the number crunching and mechanics transparently running in the background.

(Don't need to know how they make hot dogs -- just like how they taste)
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:47 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Auto-point allocation on level?

quote:
Originally posted by Jurist
Man, its a real drag allocating each point upgrade on each of six characters every time there's a level-up (usually after every 2 or so battles). Is there some sort of mechanism to automatically allocate bonus points based upon class/race?

Thanks

Actually, I really look forward to this manual allocation. It gives me a sense of control over my characters because each of them has to grow differently. With my Fighters, I always give as much as possible to the Polearm skill because I want them ready to excel at spears once I find one. Of course if you start them off as Valkyries, then turn them into Fighters the first chance you get, you can avoid walking around without a spear. And you'll pick up items along the way that enhance certain attributes so you don't have to worry, for example, about giving your stupid Lizardman a few points here and there to his intelligence.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:37 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I totally agree with you, its at the stat allocation windows where you get to know your characters that much better, their str and their weaknesses, etc

Jurist cant be higher than level 6-7. Its right about that point when you start missing the chance to raise more points into your people
Post Tue May 20, 2003 3:00 pm