Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
(Spoiler) I found a bug that can be used as a cheat
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I discoverd that if you have a ring of dexterity or power and you stand next to Diego in the Old Camp. By putting your ring on and off again you can permantly up your strengh and dexterity depending on which ring you put on. This bug is in the U. S. version.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:57 pm

DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Very Nice, i think it should work for all npc's as when in inventory it for some reason does not reset the status as it was before u put the ring on.

Although its a bug i would class it as a cheat, as it would in turn ruin the game, as eventually one hit kill would be the norm if this is done
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 1:32 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-12-26 06:57, Anonymous wrote:
This bug is in the U. S. version.

I don't think so.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:55 pm
Username
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Umm yes it is, i tested it and it worked.
Also, is it just me or does using the possess cheat cause a ripple in the dialouge options?

[ This Message was edited by: Username on 2001-12-27 13:09 ]
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:56 pm

I haven't tested it further in the game but it does work when in old camp early on; (where Diego hangs around the main entrance}just beclose by. Get a hold of some rings +5 dex or +5 strength load and re-losd them and you will get permanite additions to your strength/dex stats.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 7:05 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Well, I've tried it over and over again. I can't get it to work. Diego is standing by someone near the main gate. I walk up to him, go into my inventory and ctrl-up the des ring over and over again. Nothing happens. The ring turns blue in my inventory and thens off. I've done this in front of hime, beside him, in back of him. I even threw the ring at him. Still nothing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:18 pm

You have to be in Marvin Mode for this cheat to work. You don't have to have the console down. (I guess it really is a cheat and not a bug)
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 1:31 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

ok
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:03 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

A little "bug" I found last night was when I was drinking potions that increased my strength/dexterity.

I drank the first one (+4 to STR/DEX) and then drank a +3 DEX potion right afterwards. Well, I noticed that while the first potion registered as an increase in stats, the potion itself did not disappear from my inventory and I was able to drink it again for another +4 to both STR and DEX.

I'm beginning to wonder if the text on the screen has some kind of delay effect that if you make consecutive actions and make announcements the first one is "cancelled" so to speak.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:31 am