Vanguard: Interview @ Girl-Gamer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Vanguard: Interview @ Girl-Gamer

Amanda Poe, Senior Programmer for Sigil Games on 'Vanguard: Saga of Heroes', has been <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=16" target="_blank">interviewed</a> Girl-Gamer:<blockquote><em><b>GG: You are currently working on Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, can you give us a brief overview of the game, and what you think will set VSOH apart from the other MMORPG's currently on offer?</b> <br> <br>Amanda: Well, clearly, we have a lot of experience behind us. One thing that we at Sigil take very seriously is learning from both the successes and failures that have come before us. Also, with such a talented staff, we don’t back away from challenges, and I think that you will see things from Vanguard that you may not have imagined would even be on the horizon for a 3rd generation MMO.</em></blockquote>
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:51 pm
Gabboflabbo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bad Link

Well that link is dead wrong. It goes to some "No Mutants Allowed" Picture show.

Here is the correct link: http://www.girl-gamer.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=17

That's a pretty impressive mistake =)

-- Gabbo
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:52 pm

I can't believe they canned Mythica for this crap.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:42 pm

Benedikt
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote="Anonymous"]I can't believe they canned Mythica for this crap.[/quote]

tell me
ben
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:11 pm
Dhruin

Impressive mistake? I can do much better! It simply happens when you're moving too fast and the right-click-copy on the URL doesn't register. Thanks - fixed on the mian page.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Im disappointed too. Vanguard is (YET ANOTHER) intentional EQ clone. I havent paid it any attention since it was announced. You can tell that they are stupid right from the start. Nice graphics doesnt make a game. Get over the classes already! I dont see what this game Vanguard has over EQ2 even. I will play EQ2, WoW, Darkfall, Trials of Ascension, and Dragon Empires, and im not even going to give Vanguard the light of day, because it doesnt deserve it. For one thing, Sigil might have good developers, but they arent revolutionary and they arent inspired. Thats why they are borrowing from all the other games to make a <gasp> uninspired game that will attract an <gasp> unintelligent audience. I swear, if more people would pay attention to actually great games like Darkfall, we wouldnt have all these EQ clones running around!

hint: check out Darkfall and Trials of Ascension if you have any brains. Also another one would be Dragon Empires, a really good game. All the games i mentioned have something that the others dont. Thats why i vote for them with my pocketbook and time. If you guys sit around and think "gee, it has everything that is required for a great game" then you should get off your ass and support the games that have INNOVATION. Im sick of all the dumb MMORPGers that are as clueless as a bunch of lemmings running over the ocean cliff. Those are the types that this Vanguard game wants to attract. Thats why we get all these freaking EQ clones.

< Ammon calms down now that he spoke the word >
Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:23 am