Fableness!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Fableness!!!

O.k. I wanted to put this here to see how many people are actually excited about Fable and for what reasons. Also, as a side note, I wanted people to post here to tell me what it is like since I'll be gone for a year about a month before it comes out. I want people to tell me what it is like so I can see what I'm missing. Many thanks and sorry for the longish post.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

what are you talking about???
and i like science fable(imagination)cuz it makes you feel like you are in a new world.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:43 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Fable is a new RPG coming out for X-Box that is made by Big Blue Box, an offshoot of Lionhead Studios. If you want to find out about it, there are a few articles on it in the news section of RPGDOT.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:04 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Looks really good. I have the promo disc that Gamestop is giving away. Looks like a game that might rank up there with Morrowind and suck me in for hundreds of hours.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:21 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

AHH! Do you have to pay or just go there? Must...see...video...
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:43 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Fableness!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
... sorry for the longish post.

???? Wow. I'm embarassed now.

Hope Fable is good. I do like Molyneux & Lionhead & their satellite companies, but I've become a bit wary of their cheeky claims. Still, the last Fable footage I saw looked good. Fingers crossed.
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:44 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

I couldn't let a thread go without a different point of view to Kengo2019. Never been impressed with Molyneaux, the latest previews indicate features are being cut and the floating symbol emotes / choose an action from the menu / no dialogue for these emote things reeks of Sims Fantasy, which does not sound like my cup of tea.

But I'll try to keep an open mind.
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:44 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
I couldn't let a thread go without a different point of view to Kengo2019. Never been impressed with Molyneaux, the latest previews indicate features are being cut and the floating symbol emotes / choose an action from the menu / no dialogue for these emote things reeks of Sims Fantasy, which does not sound like my cup of tea.

But I'll try to keep an open mind.

Hey, we both enjoyed Thief 3!!!

And are you actually trying to say that you did not enjoy Populous back in the day? That game was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:07 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I agree with Dhruin to an extent.

Molyneux does seem to be biting off more than he can chew lately. (5 level Black & White anyone?)

That being said, I will still pick up an XBox just so I can play the game (and Halo 2 of course). I am keeping my fingers crossed also.

I hope its genious takes me back to Molyneux's glory days of Dungeon Keeper etc...
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:28 pm
Dhruin

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek. I didn't get much out of Populous - my fault, not the game's (not big on strategy and god sims in general). I did enjoy Dungeon Keeper but I'm holding a grudge for B&W.
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:07 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek. I didn't get much out of Populous - my fault, not the game's (not big on strategy and god sims in general). I did enjoy Dungeon Keeper but I'm holding a grudge for B&W.

Sadly, I think Dhruin may be correct on this one.

Reviews are positive (9s at www.teamxbox.com www.ign.com) yet reviewers are saying the game is short. Only 30 quests with a main quest of 10 or 15 hours and taking the average player 20 - 25 hours total to complete the game. They claim game could take you 30-100. The number of items, quests, creatures etc. seems very low.

On the other hand...If I were to look at this as a Zelda RPG I might enjoy it.

Sadly...Wizardry, Daggerfall, and Morrowind it is not.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:58 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Sounds pretty good, but I think Im waiting for this one to hit 30 bucks.

Ive got enough unfinished gamin bidness to keep me busy for years!

Dungeon Keeper Forever!

I enjoyed DK1 far more than 2 tho
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:15 am