Bow > 100% helpful?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
zie526
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bow > 100% helpful?

I am a Archer. And I have 71 bow skill now.
As the stone tablets can increase it by 30 points in total.

now I am wondering whether I need to use LP to make bow skill 100% then use stone tablets to get it 130%.

does 100% equalls 130%?

confused
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:51 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can indeed boost your skill above the 100% (it will also show 130% in your character sheet), but it doesn't have any use.

For archery the skill-percentage means at what part of the maximum range you can still hit your enemies. 100% means you can hit targets even at the maximum range. Obviously you can't exceed the maximum range, otherwise it wouldn't be the maximum.
So, 130=100!
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:40 pm
zie526
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

3q

3Q
i instantly learned the ancient language and ready to move bow skill from 70 to 100 by stone tables

by the way , does more DEX makes more damage? or it is only used as qualification of carrying bows?
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:40 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: 3q

quote:
Originally posted by zie526
by the way , does more DEX makes more damage? or it is only used as qualification of carrying bows?

It's like strength for swords, so more dex certainly increases the amount of damage you do with a bow.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:37 am
zie526
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

got it
thankx
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:06 am
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can someone tell me just how effective being an archer is in Gothic 2? I've never invested enough points in it to judge. Generally whenever I start shooting at something I fire a dozen arrows, do no damage then give up and move in with a sword. I do notice that enemy archers are often very dangerous though.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:04 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Holywhippet
Can someone tell me just how effective being an archer is in Gothic 2? I've never invested enough points in it to judge. Generally whenever I start shooting at something I fire a dozen arrows, do no damage then give up and move in with a sword. I do notice that enemy archers are often very dangerous though.

Ranged weapons when trained are much stronger than melee. Look at the damage done(assuming critical hits)....they are very close. Now factor in that you are hitting them hard and you are out of their range............ranged weapons win hands down.

IMHO the strongest character you can make is a dex based mage. You can find excellent swords, and killer ranged weapons, PLUS all your magic options.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:57 am
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was actually looking making up a dex based mage during my last game. I started off with some strength and melee training at first though. I put some points into dex but never had enough spare points to build up my archery or my dex any further. I am playing with NOTR installed though and I think it rebalances the learning point costs.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:42 pm