$$$ MONEY $$$
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Luchesi

$$$ MONEY $$$

Hello ,
Quick question about Money , I know there was a topic on this before
however I lost where it was and I dont think it was answered anyway so I apologize.
Is there any one to barter with that has more then $3000 ? I have a weapon worth 10,000 and a trapped soul worth $56,000 and no one to sell it too unless i want to take a 75%-90% loss of value.
My problem is when trying to create a new spell or enchanting an item i need lots of loot and I aint gots it.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:57 pm

money and who's got any?

Yes, someone must have an idea about this. There's many things you need money for in this game and none of the shopkeepers in Balmora, Caldera, Vivec, etc. have any.

I'm sitting on a helm worrth about 15000 and no one can pay me for it.

Thanks
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:43 am

azombie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the answer previously given is either to use the editor to give the traders more money OR to sell the 1 mega item for like everything they own in the store (if you can carry it all) and then sell it back to him over a couple of days a few pieces at a time. It is kind of a stink workaround and I wish they had created some kind of banking system.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 6:19 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Just start your own gallery... My hobby is collecting armour and weapons now since you pretty much can't sell anything over 4000 reasonably. I just sell jewels, books, amulets, and crappy weapons. I just use the Mage's guild to switch between towns quickly and get my stock sold off.

Find the manor in Balmora where the guy got murdered, clear off all the tables, sell the junk and use it to display your Glass, Orcish, Dreugh, Bonemold, Dwemer, Daedric and whatever other armour/weapons. Last count I just broke 1 million worth of stuff.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 6:55 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I'm having over 40k gold and have never cheated. My mage is level 21 at the moment.

It has been stated many times how you can sell high value items using the barter system this world has.

There is a merchant that has 5k gold each day, that is the max I've found so far. This same merchant also buys the items at their exact value (mostly) and does not charge more if you buy them back!

If you want to sell high value items here is how you do it. For example you have a item valued as 10k and several items valued 2-4k.

1. Sell your lower valued items, as many as you can.
2. Rest 24 hours, merchant spawns money again
3. Sell more lower value items if you need
4. Sell your 10k valued item, take max money and rest as items you previously sold
5. Rest again
6. Sell the lower value items back you got in 4.

Rinse and repeat.

Works with any merchant, just bribe them first as much as you can so they like you. Or boost your charm before bartering.

This method takes some patience, but it is easy to do and you do not need to cheat to get high amounts of gold.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 7:44 am
Kane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Question is, would you do that in real life?

I hope that when I play the game, I will be able to implement a more realistic method to offload items for cash, that also stays true to my role...
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:21 pm
BIGTOBBACO
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Arranging stuff

quote:
Originally posted by Uruz
Just start your own gallery... My hobby is collecting armour and weapons now

Is there any way to arrange the stuff so it looks nice?
or do you have to roatate or stand up everything in the construction set

also for bragging rights lol Xanaki I have had and spent about 500,000 gold and never cheated...
Alchemy is a lucrative business.

oh and kane i justify the wait 24 hours by... i leave.. go to bed... or something... for 24 hours... i figure the shopkeeper has other business besides me... so why not in a day or so they have more money for me!
and yeah i think it could happen in real life... say you have a TON of really high priced JUNK. lol... and you take it all to your favorite pawnshop... he would love to take your junk off of you for a price... but he doesnt have that much cash available right now. so you sell some to him now and then give him a day to get some more cash out of the bank.
You cannot see me,
You cannot hear me.
Your already Dead."

-The Shadow Knights Oath-
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:11 pm
HanshaSuro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enchanters are your friend

The only way I've seen to sell of some of the decently expensive things is to use the enchanters. Create a really nice expensive enchanted item, then use the money you gave to the enchanter to sell your other unneeded treasure off. If you have no money to begin with, this obviously will not work. With items in the 6 digit value range, though, you're on your own.

"I read somewhere that in the last census, 1.6 percent of the population was not counted. How can they know that?"
-George Carlin
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:38 pm
Luchesi

Xanaki , can you tell me who has the 5k in cash ?
Post Sun May 12, 2002 10:36 pm

***Spoiler***

Creeper is the merchant in Caldara, he's in the manor, upstairs. He's a scamp with 5k.

***Major spoiler***
There's a "mudcrab" merchant North of Bal Fel, sitting on the beach. Yes, he's a mudcrab. And he has 10k on him.

---> I've also heard of other "odd" merchants like this with sums up to 50k, but I haven't been able to find them yet.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 11:49 pm