Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
if u like final fantasy then come herre!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Adventure Games

which is ur favourite ff?
final fantasy X
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
final fantasy X-2
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Author Thread
gothic_army_babe_202
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

if u like final fantasy then come herre!

yo this tread is 4 the ppl who like or luv final fantasy. i really luv playin it. i like 'em all but my favs r final fantasyX and final fantasy X-2 u can post n e thing about final fantasy herre!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:22 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Not that i actually love or hate FF series, and never get into the games either. Out of curiosity i bought a FF-X2 "movie." It turn out that the "movie" is actually bunch of movie cut-scenes connected together.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:27 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I like 6, 7, 9, and 8 in that order most of all.

FF6 (3 in the US) was just too cool at the time. It's story was fun, it featured the world ending, it had some cool characters, and the music was pretty nice.

FF7 had a weird but ok story... it gets put so highly mostly because of the fun mini-games (I think I burned the CD out doing the ski-ing in the amusement park) and the introduction of the Weapons... and the cool cut scenes were unlike anything ever seen before so they make the game stand out in nostalgia factor.

FF9 was true fantasy again, which I prefer... there's nothing wrong with science-fantasy like 7, 8, (and presumably 10 and 10-2)... but good old fantasy rules. It had summons that didn't last forever if you used them repeatedly in a fight, some fun characters (sort of... not really... characters were 9's weak point), and an ok story

FF8... I really liked it. It was definately closer to science fiction than anything else, and it took me bloody forever (three attempts through the game over 6 years... heh...) to beat Ultimicia because I'm impatient and usually didn't unlock enough powers. I liked the characters (some of them), the story, and especially the Full Motion Movies and the way they seemlessly integrated with the game.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:47 am
soul phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i like ff10 the best and auron would have to be the best guy you could choose in my party i usualy have auron yuna and either wakka or tidus.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:42 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I like 7 best.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:21 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I loved 7, but haven't really played any of the others. I played the PC demo of 8 and wasn't taken with it - but I did see some clips of battle set-pieces from 8 on TV and they looked great.

Never played any of the older ones.

I've been thinking of trying out one of the recent ones just to see how far the series has come along - what are the main pros and cons of X and X-2?
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:27 pm
Schattenherz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Final Fantasy 7 was great. It is the only FF I finished. I just couldn't get into any other - either I didn't like the Game-Mechanics (FF 8 - stupid Spell-Drawing, but Squall and Laguna were cool) or the Graphics (FF 6, 9 - I despise Chibis -) or the Game (FF 10 ff). I haven't played 1-5.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:47 pm
Dragons_Pet
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, now you got me confused, lol. I like both. I'd have to say FFX has a better storyline. But FX-2 Has more to do, and there are more bosses, and a better weaponary, and blahblah . So I do have to say X-2. If you wanna talk ill be on for a while!
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:47 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
I like 6, 7, 9, and 8 in that order most of all.

FF6 (3 in the US) was just too cool at the time. It's story was fun, it featured the world ending, it had some cool characters, and the music was pretty nice.

I gotta go with Xen on this one FF3 (6) was the coolest - ok the graphics aren't up to much by todays standards (gasp even the Mode 7 3D bits!) but the story was excellent and the characters really good (Saban was my personal fave). I loved the party split story line and all the little extras included - god I think I'm going to have to play it again. One of my all time faves.
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:12 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by soul phoenix
i like ff10 the best and auron would have to be the best guy you could choose in my party i usualy have auron yuna and either wakka or tidus.

Err... If you choose the expert mode, FFX's character advancement system is pretty flexible, which means you can choose Auron as a black mage, or a white mage, or a speedy fighter, or an all-rounder, etc.

The "best" characteristics depend on how well you choose the path for a particular character on the sphere grid.

quote:
Originally posted by piln
I've been thinking of trying out one of the recent ones just to see how far the series has come along - what are the main pros and cons of X and X-2?

Haven't touched FFX-2...

If you like FF7 because of the large world it provides, then FFX may not be for you. There is no actual world map you can walk around in FFX; in fact, the map in general is quite linear, and in a nutshell, your job is to walk from south to north in the map.

The mini-games in FFX is quite insane. Hide-and-seek with cactuars seems pointless; butterfly catching is maddening; thunder dodging is tedious; chocobo racing seems impossible; blitzball is fun until the 85th game when the award of your choice is still not listed. Mastering all of which requires a lot of patience, preseverence and medications to prevent myself from truly turning insane.

The story in FFX... it's quite depressing, though somehow touching.

Other than these cons, I'm fine with the rest of FFX. Graphics is great for a 2001 game. Customizable weapons, armour, characters... Pure turn-based battle system... Can't explain much in words... you really have to experience it in real-time (renting from Blockbuster or whatever?).
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:54 am
soul phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Err... If you choose the expert mode, FFX's character advancement system is pretty flexible, which means you can choose Auron as a black mage, or a white mage, or a speedy fighter, or an all-rounder, etc.

what would be the point of making auron a black mage........... but that still seams pretty cool
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:09 am
-=[Xtr3Me]=-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm still waiting for FFXII. The battle system is much smoother to me. When you attack you can walk away from your enemy. It's not like that you stand still, choose and attack anymore. Here you can build up power for you attack approach your enemy, slash and walk away from it again. Till he's dead.
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:47 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

I guess my favorite is a tie between FF3 (FF6 in Japan) and FF9. Vivi was a really endearing character in FF9. I recently picked up the FF1 and FF2 remakes for the Gameboy Advance, so I'm really looking forward to playing those. I also have the remake of FF5, which I haven't played yet. I do like FF 7, 8, FFX and FF X-2, although I prefer the fantasy settings in the older games (and FF9). FF12 is looking really good.
Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:54 am