How to level up!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

How to level up!

How do one level up? I must have some points to spend, my INT is like 3, my Charisma is like -539.311... am i still level 0 or what? And yes, im talking about reality! What if reality was like character leveling, in one way, it is.
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:07 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

E-z

You train your abilities...
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:23 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I'm in doubt that your charisma is -539.311, i have read many of your postings - not a hint of charisma -539.311, it's more like charisma +15 in AD&D rules

maybe you should be more self-confident
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:05 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Life is a skill-based game, you never level up. You will learn new skills every year, and your skills will grow as time goes by.

Just work on your self confidence and believe in yourself. In the beginning there is only one person you need to love: yourself

Oh! And no negative skills in this game either
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:45 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

You find out what is giving you low self-esteem and you (figuratively) kick its butt, even if it is yourself! Especially if it is yourself! And you just keep kicking it/yourself ‘s butt until you feel better!

This probably doesn’t belong here but I feel like complaining about it any way. Tomorrow I’m heading over to an old friend’s house, I right now I use the term ‘friend’ very loosely. I moved back here about four months ago, and even though he only lives about 45 minutes away from me I till have not seen him, so that should give you an idea of how much I’m looking forward to tomorrow. The guys been my friend for about ten years, but a while ago he met a certain (this person is no woman, but she doesn’t have a shred of innocence left in her so I can’t call her a girl either). Last time I saw this guy was just over six months ago right after he met her, and he had gone from being a nice guy to a complete *******! This person he is with is a disrespectful, drugged up, (I have no idea how do describe her without breaking all of this boards decency rules!), let’s just call her white trash for now,(BTW she was also on probation, I probably shouldn’t say why) and the more time he spends with her the more he becomes like her! So what did the damn fool do? As soon as she turned eighteen, and was no longer under court order to be back at her parents place by seven at the latest, he asked her to move in with him! There is also someone else living with them right now that he wants to set me up with. If this is a friend of hers than quite frankly I’m a little scared of this person already! Luckily unlike last time I saw them I have my truck if things get to bad I can get the hell out of there!!!

And as long as I am way off topic - but the first few sentences we on, and they are good advice - I’ll try to draw everyone’s attention to my new (the second line is new) signature.
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:02 pm
ButtOfMalmsey
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Roach- run for the hills. Now.

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
-Homer Simpson

=Member of the Non-Flamers Guild=
=Member of The Sixth House=
::Captain of the Black Company::
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:37 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Run to the hills! Run for your life!!

I know, i don't have much self-confidence.

Anyway, thats pretty scary Roach.
Post Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:07 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

That was just the annoying stuff, I didn’t even tell you the bad stuff. And no I am not exaggerating. Oh well, no matter what happens it at least promises to be interesting!

@Rawis The last few months I’ve been getting on an exercise bike often, and I feel better for it. I think I read somewhere on here that you ride your bike a good ways to and from school but perhaps you could try getting some light free weights.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:27 am
Ammon77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"Follow your heart."

-- Braveheart the movie, his recently deceased father in a dream

"We should follow the bread crumbs back? But I'm not hungry anymore!"

-- Grettel in Hansel and Grettel, after they killed the witch and ate her house

"Jesus Saves!"

-- graffitti on a train in New York City down in the subway

"Follow your conscience in all things; if you do this, you are obeying the laws of God, and good things will come your way. If do not do this, prepare for misery!"

-- myself, when i was studying religion, esotericism, magic, and all that jazz

"Dont be so quick to deal out death and judgement. Some who live deserve death, and some who die deserve life."

-- Gandalf the Gray

some more good advice
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:41 am
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Rawis, I have one good advice, found it in one cheaters forum:

Jump forward, turn around 360degrees, then do the backflip-kick combo. Every time you do that, it should give you an extra level.

I would try it myself, but those backflips give me nothing but pain

Seriously, though. I think that life has similar levelling system to Morrowind. You just keep on pushing forward and learning in the process. Suddenly, when sitting at home, you suddenly realize that you have improved so much in the past year or so. The process is invisible, we never notice it ourselves until it hits us in the face.

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:09 am
Windwalking
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Re: How to level up!

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
How do one level up? I must have some points to spend, my INT is like 3, my Charisma is like -539.311... am i still level 0 or what? And yes, im talking about reality! What if reality was like character leveling, in one way, it is.

If you want to improve your "stats", just practice.

STR: Get involved in a lifting regimen, or even pushups, situps, and dips. Get Mr. T to motivate you with verbal abuse.

INT: Read voraciously about current events and random topics, discuss such with everyone you can, try to understand how things work. Observe. Watch for patterns. TRUST NO ONE.

CONST: Run, swim, or bike until you sweat, and keep it up until you can't go any further. Do this 3-4 times a week. Work in a balanced, low-fat diet. Say NO to Tae-Bo.

CHA: Talk with people, try to understand them, and appreciate them for what they are. Or at least have the image of doing so

DEX: Engage in a coordination-based sport or martial art. Practice. Stretch. Take care of your knees.

WIS: Ask yourself "why?" before making any judgment or decision about a person or thing... or yourself. Ask for and consider all of the advice you are given. And ignore it all

- Wind
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:57 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

@Wind - That was the post I didn't have the time to write yesterday. Thanks! I might've changed a detail here or there, but ...

@Rawis - In addition, figure out what you *really* want out of life (that's the hard part) and then set up an action plan ... and do it. Remember, paraphrasing Yoda "There is no try, just do or do not".

Also you will find that the crowd you grow up with before you are done schooling is not the crowd you have to spend the rest of your life with. Right now these are the fools that are giving you feed back on your Charima stat.

One of the happiest days in my life was NOT going to high school graduation - I was on a two week sailing trip up the east coast of the US. A great sail with perfect weather with lots of wind - instead of hanging out with that crowd of uneducated snobbish borish morons/brutes for one last hurrah. Okay they were not all that bad .... there were about six people worth knowing, and I've managed to stay in touch with two of those six. But six out of six hundred is *not* a good ratio!
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:59 pm