RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Re: You want a reply ?

quote:
Originally posted by Barlon2
Ok when you get to his first tower(not the one he is in)...to the right of it there is a bridge to the tower he is in....talk to the guard and tell him the name of the guy is Dexter and then you can go into the camp without anyone trying to kill you and you'll get the dialouge...

But you must have talked to the bandit in the start of the game to know his name...you can go around the guard too and noone will attack you before Dexter does..
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:48 pm
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

When I was there, the bandit let me in after I told the name Dexter.
Then a Seeker attacked me and like 5 other bandits jumped me to, include the guard..
But I still could talk to Dexter (don't click on dexter, pass him and he'll say something to you)
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:56 pm
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I killed Dexter and his bandits back in Chapter I. I think in Chapter III when you get Torlof's quest about the dark men, all the bandits are dead. I dont't know that for sure, but when i get to Dexter's camp i found one seeker behind the bridge. Any clues?
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:53 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

They won't die if you dont kill them, even after the seeker have comed
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:07 am
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel
They won't die if you dont kill them, even after the seeker have comed

Remember the bandit near the Xardas tower? The one that gave you the "wanted" note? I found him dead near a seeker ))loooool. That's way i asked you about Dexter...
Bye
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:38 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Yep, if you don't kill him after beeing friend with him the wargs will kill him in chapter 3, where you found the goblin camp right before you first met him
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:45 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Funny

Funny, I just ran round and round and the bandits all took the fast route down (not knowing how to use the bridge properly).

I went down to raid their corpses only to find nothing in the valley below except their tree branches. I went back up and found all their corpses placed where they normally hung around.

That was a funny experience.
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:18 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

yes, dead people still continues with there daily 'work'. in the night they are at the campfire, and at daylight they are with the sheeps for example.
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:31 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I noticed Dexter should be sitting in his armchair befor you get the dialougue though. Every time I went up and he was in bed or otherwise up I was attacked.

About dead people moving around, Keroloth does that too if you kill him as dragon hunter in ch 4 after telling him kiss my ass. Wierdest thing to me. Gives a whole neew meaning to "I see dead people"

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:23 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fun place

Ah yes, Dexter's Bandit Camp - that was a fun place!

In the heat of the battle, I managed to climb up on the roof of Dexter's house and start shooting the bandit's with my bow. Once in a while a single bandit would climb up and I would melee him.

What was funny was that once I climbed up on Dexter's roof, a few bandit's tried to path to me, but ended up climbing Dexter's tower and leaping off to their deaths. Was hillarious.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:53 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Dexter and bandit towers

Did you talk to the very first bandit you met, the one on the road to town? He tries to lure you into the cave to be ambushed, but if you talk to him long enough he becomes your friend and tells you about Dexter. Then when you go to Dexter's camp, you can answer the question and get in to see him. He doesn't attack you.

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
I'm in chapter 1. I got up to the bandit stronghold near Onar's farm. By default they do not all attack me. But, if I go into the main house and talk to Dexter, he'll say something like "you shouldn't've come here" and attacks me, which prompts 10 of his buddies to attack me as well.

I've dealt with this problem by pulling a skeleton from a nearby cave, and some minecrawlers from their mine, to whittle(sp?) down the bandit numbers. Unfortunately, Dexter died in one of the battles. There didn't seem to be anything significant on him or about him.

Did I miss something? Is he important in any way? Is there some way to trigger more conversation out of him? Should I perhaps leave the bandits alone?

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:29 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I like the way Lawanda handles the discussions - fast, straight and sharp(end into the opponent). Good way, leaves no second opinions

Other then that, Dexter is there only to whoop his sorry butt. Man, he didn't even show his appreciation that I got for him the recipe from Cor Galom in G1. And now he had the audacity to even send his amateurs after me!

Then again, come to think of it... Ah, well, I went and forgot the fact that I kicked whole Old Camp in G1 after they booted me from there, heh.. Well, in that case he of course could have some bad memories, I did knock him quite hard.. Oh well
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:38 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2