PLEASE tell me it's not true
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

PLEASE tell me it's not true

I hope what my local Eb told me is not true. I hope what the person said was a complete and utter lie. The person said that Morrowind was just to have a huge defect, and was thus pushed back 2-3 weeks.

I doubt this claim because the game had gone gold- if there were any defect, the game wouldn't have gone gold (theoretically).

Another reason is that if the game did in fact have a huge defect, it could've simply been patched.

I think they might have said this because of the large amount of people phoning in to ask if they have it- maybe they said to blow them off for a few weeks, keep the phone on the hook.

Can anyone else confirm that this indeed is not true? This is what was told to me, don't call me a liar, as I wish this is not true as well..
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:08 am
HaVoK
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Im not sure Fredric but my Local EB said Monday then they said Wednesday then they said Thursday. At least its all in the same week. If your EB is right then I will scream but if its some "flaw" they are fixing... I SUPPOSE I can wait .
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:02 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I think your EB is mistaken...

I got a confirmation from Bethsoft today about them shipping my game to me. As of that email, May 1 is still the scheduled ship date.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:17 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

The main website for Morrowind says nothing about any kind of delay.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:20 am
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

My eb says May 1st, and the other stores say may 2-3, so I doubt theres a so called defect.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:29 am
RyeDog
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

As long as they do this right!

I've been reading about this game for a very long time now, and im glad that it will be coming out soon. I want this to be a great experience for me because we all know that games like this don't come around too often!

So, if i have to wait an extra couple of days, then (as much as it pains me to say this) i would wait... Im even tempted to get bot Xbox and PC versions. That way, i can play through two diffrent story lines.

I know that with this kind of game, i could just turn on my xbox, lie on my japanese bed and play until the wee hours of the morning in complete comfort.

Heck, i bet this is the kind of game that i would play just because i want to be in the world itself, so Bethesda, you guys are doing good, and take your time doin it right (but please move a little faster ).
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:11 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

my copy is reserved
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:17 am

heres a tip

Heres a tip; dont trust people. Especially the assholes at eb. I can think of 6 times off the top of my head eb has bs'd me. I wont bore you all with details, but most of the bs was about release dates and shipping. so dont beleave shit they say.

If they try and bs you guys again. Make a huge deal out of it and make the those little teen-age, acne ridden, anti-social, depressed, sexualkly frustrated, low life bastards regret it. (I HATE eb)
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:33 am

Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

i dont ever order from EBgames; its always Amazon for me, they are very reliable almost the whole time.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:43 am
HaVoK
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I use www.gogamer.com they are great! (good prices too) But my credit card hasnt been charged yet so I guess it hasnt been shipped yet . (im expecting it to ship on wednesday or maybe tomorrow)
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:48 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Whew *wipes sweat from across forehead* Good. I'm glad to hear that other peoples' orders are going through and no one else has heard of this order.

That really ticks me off though, that someone would make up a blatent lie like that for no reason.

I'm glad to hear that the game is being shipped just like it was before. Those bastards at EB should be shot for nearly pushing me off the deep end.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:50 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well, in their defense, you may have been the 100th guy to ask about Morrowind that day...

They have probably been bombarded with requests about availability of the game, who can blame them for being a little pissy about Morrowind??

But still....

shoot 'em..
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:53 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I can understand where they may be coming from, but that's what they get paid to do. If I was the manager, and I saw my employees cutting in on potential sales, I'd fire them on the stop. Perhaps I'm being a little biased, but it shouldn't matter if 1000 people phoned about Morrowind in the last 10 minutes, they shouldn't lie through their teeth. They get paid to provide the customer with accurate information and assist others... not bullshit them.

Anyways, this thread is pretty much over with: It was a lie, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me know that I was swindled.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:57 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

well considering that when i asked at CompUsa they almost used the customer service bat on me, you should consider yourself lucky

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:05 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Hi Fredric

It's interesting you should guess that there is a possibility EB are telling people that there will be a delay, in order to "Keep the phone on the hook" due to the "Large" number of people possibly calling in for progress reports.

The reason I say that, is that I can almost guarantee that if I ask the average member of staff from my local "EB" or "Game" stores (Either at home or where I work) they would not be able to tell me what Morrowind actually was. (I am in the UK by the way) In fairness I can think of a deputy manager in one of those stores who would know exactly what I was talking about. But generally our lot don't have much of a clue.

So I'm guessing that there are not droves of people waiting to get thier hands on it over here. Although I am, and I have my copy reserved.

I think the reason for the "Gap" in knowledge I described is at least in part due to the general age of the people they take on in these places in the UK. Many of the staff belong very firmly in the "Console" generation, and I am sure that if I was to ask them for info on "Pappa Rappa" (or whatever it's called) they would be full of useful info. Also I think that insufficient staff training must play a part.

Still, there you go. The Badger worked in Retail for about ten years (many years ago) and I suppose it's possible that the strict standards that existed in many places then, have left me with quite high standards when it comes to what I expect in the way of service when I walk into a shop.

LOL.. sorry guys, Rant over.

Badger.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:09 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next