Italian add-on on american Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Nerevarine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Italian add-on on american Gothic 2

Hi, I own the american version of Gothic 2 and I would like to buy the italian addon, but I heard it's not possible to install it on a different language version.
Is there some way to solve this problem?
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:21 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Haha don't let the others catch you asking this.
There's a quick start guide on gothic.rpgdot.com for getting the German addon to work with the English game.

Here's the link:
http://gothic.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&infoID=163&pageID=476&sid=ff45e3d7812963c6caa585f14de033b0

I'd assume the same rules would apply to the Italian version except for using the Italian patch and exe file instead of the German one. I haven't done it, though so I couldn't say. Might be best to get the German addon since that method is known to work.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs still unknown whether or not the Italian add-on can be installed over other versions. Nobody tried it yet.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:12 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you can find an Italian patch, it should work. You could extract the .exe file from the Italian patch, slap it over the English .exe file you have installed, and then install the Italian add-on. It should technically work, but I'm not sure, so be sure to try and replace the English .exe file with an Italian .exe file before buying it.

Also, the English exists, only it's extremely difficult to get ahold of. So far it's only being sold in countries like Hungary or something, but I believe that in not too long, you should be able to get it worldwide(at least from internet sites).

Also, welcome Nerevarine to RPGdot.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:13 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I found a company (Italian) that sells internationally. Even to the US. Yay!
http://www.internetbookshop.it/vg/ser/serami.asp?isbn=9006113085119
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:12 pm
freekling@gmail.com
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

But why would I want the italian version?
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:06 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The guy who started the thread wanted it. My guess is that he speaks English and Italian.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:41 pm
Nerevarine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Right, I can speak both Italian and English 'cause I'm Italian, and I want to buy the italian version because it costs only 19 €.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:11 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't know about the US version, as I have the UK ver. (Impatient me.) But I DO know that IT. G2A works on UK ver. of G2. The spoken dialogue, movies anyway, as I've just started, are in English w/ Italian subtitles. If I could get ahold of the translation mod, it would be an all english game.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:27 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

What about menu and stats. Are they also in English?
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:26 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
What about menu and stats. Are they also in English?

Afraid not. You get English voices with Italian text.

Due to "legitimacy" issues, however, I will have to wait until next week (hopefully) for a complete rundown of what can and cannot be done.

Right now I am having problems getting the addon voices to work; probably because of my hastiness. I have, however, used the 2.6 patch, making it English voice w/German text (Which I preffer, and will probably keep.) with complete success. Again I will have to wait a week (hopefully) for a reliable analysis.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:37 pm
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Have you figured out the finer points of the Italian expansion installed over the English game yet?

I'm new to Gothic. In addition to attempting to hunt down an English version of the original, I can't stand the thought of not having access to the Night of the Raven game content.

Is the English subtitle mod freely available, or does it infringe on any laws that prohibit its distribution? I'm still attempting to understand what needs to be done to make G2 + NotR so that it plays in English.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:42 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The English subtitle mod is available all over the web, and there are links at GothicDots' main site(just click Gothic on the menu to the left on RPGdot).

There is also a guide there as to how to install the German add-on on an English version, and how to mod it.

If you search through the forums, you can even find several threads regarding its installation, and how to do it if you get CD check errors etc etc.

All this though, has been made around the German version of the add-on, not the Italian, so I have no idea whether or not it works on the Italian version of the add-on.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:50 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Today I read a post on Qt3 saying that the poster from the UK bought the Italian add-on and installed the translation mod over it. Now he has English voices with unofficial subtitles.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:40 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

so this is pretty much what we need for english version...

...picking up pieces of a puzzle and joining in order to play a game...
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:12 am