View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Crypt / stones / weird problem

Hi,

I am playing the xbox version of the game and am immensly enjoying it.
I've finally gotten to the crypt after doing tons of other stuff.
Cleared the first and second level (had to go back to arx two times to repair my weapon) and now I've come to room where a ghost spoke to me and told
me that only the intelligent would be able to pass.

On the floor I saw these symbols that looked similar to those carved stones
I collected on my travels to the crypt. I tried to place them in numerous combinations on those white pedestrals (?) but to no avail.

After an hour of trying I gave up and looked at the walkthrough at this site.
This is telling me I should

"First riddle: Adjust the 6 turning plates in room 10 to honor the gods. You must remember the floor symbols in rooms 3 through 8; this is the exact order to adjust the symbols, where the symbol has to be visisble in the outer circle opening."

Adjusting what? The white pedestrals? There's nothing that can be adjust/turn.
Any help appreciated

[/i]
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You should be able to turn the plates in the floor by using them until the design shows that you want. I don't have xbox, so what control move is I can't tell you. But for pc it was "use" that did it. They will spin and you must line up right. Then the ghost will tell you more.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:52 pm
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It seems the adjusting is not possible on the xbox version.

However, that still leaves me with places the stones in the correct order.
How do I know what pedestral relates to what stone ?
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:49 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

As this is one of the 3 most asked questions for this game, do a search. I've actually posted little diags of the allignment in the past, so they will be archived somewhere. I haven't time to re-do them every few weeks.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:14 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Look at map for level 6. See the hosted sites on the left here, go to Arx and then maps and find it. I tried doing a link for someone but it failed, however I will try again. Put stones in same order as on map. http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=arx&l1=Maps&infoID=119
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:46 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks!

I already saw those, tried it, but to no avail. Made my own schematic, but that doesn't seem to be correct either. So I am really stomped here ...

Seems this bit is quite different on the xbox version and most people have played the pc version.

Hope someone with the xbox version will come along with the right answer.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:11 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by gakkie
Thanks!

I already saw those, tried it, but to no avail. Made my own schematic, but that doesn't seem to be correct either. So I am really stomped here ...

Seems this bit is quite different on the xbox version and most people have played the pc version.

Hope someone with the xbox version will come along with the right answer.

On the Xbox you don't adjust the plate. If you have all 5 or 6 stones(can't remember) you look at the innermost circle and put that symbol on that pedastal. You do this by pressing up on the d-pad, scrolling left or right with the d-pad to the appropriate stone...when you hilight a stone it will stick out above the others and you press A. Don't drop the item on the stone. This is similar to when you use a key...you press up and it appears above the other items...or when you use the pick-axe then you press A. Don't hilight the item then press up on the D-pad to drop it.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:38 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Thanks for the tips kengo. Many questions on this and I don't have xbox version. Now I can refer others to your answer.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:35 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On the Xbox you don't adjust the plate. If you have all 5 or 6 stones(can't remember) you look at the innermost circle and put that symbol on that pedastal. You do this by pressing up on the d-pad, scrolling left or right with the d-pad to the appropriate stone...when you hilight a stone it will stick out above the others and you press A. Don't drop the item on the stone. This is similar to when you use a key...you press up and it appears above the other items...or when you use the pick-axe then you press A. Don't hilight the item then press up on the D-pad to drop it.

All fine and well, BUT the PROBLEM is that I have 6 carved stones all having a unique symbol on it, wheres, both the inner AND outer circel have only FOUR unique symbols. The sun and circle symbol are used twice!

So no way to place all my six symbols!

I even tried to releoad from a savegame before the cut-scene, but still only four unique symbols in the inner and outer circle!!!
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:23 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Finally the solution to this puzzle for the xbox-version. Morwin discovered it and posted it on the Gamefaq-Arx board:

1)On the pedestal that has a symbol that looks like an I, place the carved stone with a circle.

2) on the pedestal that has a '[' like symbol, place the carved stone with a sun (circle with lines radiating outward)
3) On the pedestal with a symbol that resembles the letter I (I + .), place the carved stone that resembles the letter 'K'

4) On the pedestal that has a symbol resembling the letter'V' place the carved stone that has a symbol like a '['

5) On the pedestal with a symbol resembling three dots, place the carved stone with the moon sliver.

6)On the pedestal with a rune resembling the letter L, place the carved stone with the symbol of a moon sliver with a dot.

That's it! Happy questing
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:47 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Thanks gakkie from everyone before and after who ask this for xbox. It seems to be a biggy right now. Glad you came back and shared for the others who will no doubt need it.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:26 pm