View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

All sorts of questions about Gothic 2

Hi I would like to start this Topic:

Here you can post questions about Gothic II (no spoiler though ) and the people who have Gothic II could awnser it.

Well here are mine questions:

1. Can you still cary as much as you whant in your inventory or is it like Morrowind that you need to trian this?

2. Can you still train 1 (or 2) H Swords? In the Demo you old it with 1 hand, where in Gothic 1 you hold it with 2 handes if you didn't train it.

Gothic II Credits
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:11 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

1. You can carry as much as you want to. No limit.
2. You can still train 1handed and 2handed weapons as well as bow and crossbow.
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:17 pm
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

1)Is the whole old world in possesion of the orcs now?
2)What has come out of Lester? Remember, he got his hands onto some important documents in gothic..There are, also. rumors that he has become mean..?
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:20 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Srchbayne
1)Is the whole old world in possesion of the orcs now?
2)What has come out of Lester? Remember, he got his hands onto some important documents in gothic..There are, also. rumors that he has become mean..?
Even though I don't hvae gothic 2 I can answer some parts.

1. No.
2. Lester is hiding in a forest but you'll send him to Xardas. Meaner? No idea actually.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:28 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

1. No (at least not in chapter 4 which is where I am right now), but the war is going well for them, and they even besiege the capital.
2. DzD is absolutely right here. Has Lester become meaner? So far (-> see above) not.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:48 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I suppose you current players probably don't know the answer to this yet, but I'll ask anyway: Does it make more of a difference what group you join this time around, or do all paths converge mid-game as in G1?

Also, I'm curious about the Mages in the monastery, since I'm thinking of taking that route. Anybody doing that? Do they have access to all types of magic, or do they specialize (e.g. Fire and Water)? Are there interersting new spells? Can you be a magic-user in the other "camps" as well?
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:31 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Srikandi
Does it make more of a difference what group you join this time around, or do all paths converge mid-game as in G1?

I haven' t played yet, but I can try answering your question. The only way to leave space for another follow-up of the gothic game was to make a unique ending in gothic 2..

To Srchbayne: Welcome to the forum
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:37 am
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

How many swords types can you make in g2?

To HWFANATIC: THANKS!
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:04 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
1. No (at least not in chapter 4 which is where I am right now), but the war is going well for them, and they even besiege the capital.

How long have you played the game already?

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:09 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Srikandi: You're right, I for one thing don't know about the different paths since I'm not through with my first game yet. But during installation I noticed that different end movies for different classes were copied to the HDD. . So depending on our choices we'll at least have something different to see in the end. I suppose that the main plot will stay the same though, just the side quests will differ, but I don't know for sure of course.

As for mages, they seem to use all different kinds of magic, fire, ice and morph spells included.
I myself am a Paladin with very little magical abilities, but some of the runes (Paladins use rune magic) are quite powerful for the little mana they use.

Srchbayne: sorry, I only learned alchemy so far... and have been tought how to brew two different potions, make swampweed joints and mix tobacco up to now.

Freakie: since last Tuesday (during my four-day vacation and the weekend).
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:57 pm
AnimalMother
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey jaz, u do realise that there are only 6 chapters.

Don't rush it, u are already over halfway through the game.

Oh, here is my question:

Does the section off gothic 1, which is in gothic 2, look the same or have they made alterations, coz i should still know my way around that section
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:02 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

So alchemy and blacksmithing are skills that you learn (as in you have to spend skill points)? Like "sneaking" and "acrobatics" in G1, or are there different levels like the weapons skills? Are there any other such skills (cooking? In G1 I was always a bit disappointed that all I could do was grill meat...)

Any other new object-manipluation type activities?

Can you say a bit more about "rune magic" and how it works? (Feel free to answer in the "spoilers forum" if you think it's appropriate...)

And thanks for letting us enjoy the game vicariously!
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:59 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by Srikandi
So alchemy and blacksmithing are skills that you learn (as in you have to spend skill points)?

From what I can tell in the demo, you give a certain number of skill points to be able to make a higher quality sword... 5 for the basic one, retailable for 40 gold... and that's all I know about sword making...

Also, is it possible to complete the alchemist's demo quest since we now have access to the "full" world?
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:54 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Another question: what are the fast travel options? I gather there aren't mounts, but are there teleport spells again as well as speed potions? Any other form of transport (ships etc.)?

If teleport, do you get the spells earlier in the game, and is the system limited to three destinations?
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:44 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Animal Mother: Don't worry. I couldn't play for two whole days since I started. And I'm not rushing it (not really, that is ).
The Old World looks the same... yet different, because several things happened there since your leave.

Srikandi: You have to spend skill points for skills like alchemy, hunting etc. You start with some basic knowledge but can improve by learning to skin additional animals/brew additional potions. The skill in itself, however, is binary (meaning, either you have it or you don't). So without the lockpick skill, for example, you can't open locked chests (unless you have the key that is).
Rune magic works just like in GI - you equip a rune (remember the teleport runes?) which draws a certain amount of mana if you use it. You get many, many teleport runes, to answer your next question (once again teleport runes and speed potions are the fastest ways to travel). Right now I have... wait... 6 teleport runes. You don't get them too early, so you'll have to explore by foot first.
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:05 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next