Fable
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Fable

I wrote about Fable on a gamesite, sounded to be very interesting, but I saw it on Xbox only. Does anybody know if this game will come on PC too?
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:15 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

It will come to PC eventually. It will be premier on XBox and be ported over to the PC a few months later, similar to Knights of the Old Republic or Enclave. I'd be shocked if Fable weren't released on the PC.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:07 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

I think it's likely but it's not certain. Microsoft (as the publisher) is the key. We've reported several rumours about it but nothing definite. Check our database...

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10075&games=119

...and have a look under "Rumours".
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:11 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Peter Molyneux is a PC guy. Fable will come out soon on PC.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:23 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

And Halo reportedly WASN'T going to be released for the PC, and look what happened-we got Halo on the PC improved!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:38 am
Dhruin

Look how long it took.

I agree it's likely to come out for PC but it's Microsoft's call rather than just Molyneux. And don't forget Big Blue Box is the actual developer.
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:04 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

If Fable is half as good as it sounds, it WILL be ported over to PC. It might take 3 or 6 months to happen, but it will happen.

Molyneux has about as much pull as anyone in the gaming industry, and I don't think Microsoft is going to tell him 'no you can't put that out on PC' and furthermore I cannot see him working on a 'console-only' project. Ever.
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:07 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I think I already asked about Fable previous year... The answer I got was
"NO"... And now, if you say that it will... That's good, in deed...
And you, Sir Marcus said that Enclave was on Xbox, too... strange... I only herd of it on PC...

BTW: .... SASA IS BACK! Hooray!

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:57 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I bougth Enclave on Xbox, a waste of money
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:37 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

The trailer for this game is killer! Hopefully the game plays as good as it looks. I have never heard a real release date for this sucker yet...all the Software stores have recently changed their release dates again...instead of march 04 it's summer 04.

These games getting hyped for freaking 2 years before release are starting to get on my nerves...along with the fake release dates. The biggest culprits in the last 2 years are...

Halo2
Doom3
Fable
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Lord Chambers
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh my oh my.
http://www.fablegame.com/

When you play through the website more than once the game must be unbelievable! Click!
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:47 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm a bit worried about this one. I want it to be great, but recent news has been disappointing. They showed it to press and industry a little while ago, and all they had was combat sequences (with little numbers floating above struck enemies, though they say these will be removed). None of the previously announced innovations were present (personal relationships, kids mimicing a hero's style, etc). Here's the really worrying part: they then held a seminar to discuss how they might implement these features. Which implies pretty strongly that, after all that time in development, they hadn't yet begun work on implementing any of the promised innovations, and didn't know how they were going to do it.

I really hope it turns out to be a great game, but I'm taking this as an advance warning not to get my hopes up too high.

As for a PC version, I'm sure it will arrive eventually, but I doubt it will be soon. Microsoft needs exclusive titles, especially in the RPG arena, so such a high-profile RPG as Fable is likely to remain an Xbox exclusive for a long time, just as Halo did. The only way MS will relinquish Xbox exclusivity early is if the game sells poorly, and I don't think any of us want that to happen. Yes, Molyneux is a powerful industry figure, but he's a developer and has absolutely no say in this decision.
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:54 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Well I have been reading all the previews for this game thanks to Druin's posts in the news section of rpgdot. You guys should read the recent ones because as of the last few weeks places like gamespot, ign, gamespy have actually played the game and are giving quite detailed accounts of their experiences. So far, they are saying that it does deliver what Lionhead promised. I have seen something like 10 screenshots of the main-character looking completely different...like for instances being a demon with horns because he is so evil or a tattooed magic-user. It sounds like it will have tons of replay value like KOTOR, Morrowind, or Deus Ex. The logs sound really cool...the game tracks everything including how many wives you have had! Since they have Elfman doing an orchestrated soundtrack for the game...I would guess they are close to being done. But, this title has been vaporware for many years now. Hopefully it will hit this Summer as they say it could!!!

Watch the new trailers
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:06 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Molyneux himself said it isnt going to be on PC.

The whole reason he made it on a console was because his new projects "are more suited to the console market".

I also hope that it is coming on the PC. But unlike most people are saying here, it is not infact someone stopping Molyneux from making a PC version, it is his own decision.

XBox just went down to $150, so I will probably just buy an XBox for that one game when its released and sell it if and when a PC version comes out. (Just like I did for Halo).
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:24 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

At Gameplay it said that the game would be out in the end of this month. But not long ago, it changed to 30.07. But of some reason I don't trust the release dates Gameplay announce.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next