FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Hla Oad: Those darned artifacts!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Hla Oad: Those darned artifacts!!!

Okay, after an exciting and exhausting trek down the coast, I finally found this two-bit burg. The problem is that my contact is in denial about the artifacts he's supposed to provide to Sugar Lips, and no amount of coaxing is getting him to change his story.

I work my silver tongue on everyone else in the place. They start by saying, "I don't trust you enough to talk to you about that." But then when I've gotten their response to me in the 90s, they switch their tune to simply, "I don't know anything about that."

I've gone down below into the smuggler's cave and there's no sign of the stuff there, either.

Anyone have any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? THANKS!!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:37 am

jokke

Artifacts

I found all of the artifacts inthe Dwarwen Ruins just next to the Fort outside Balderon. But I thik you can also find them in a chest in his office.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:06 am

irritantnumber6
Village Leader
Village Leader

But I can't start picking the lock on the chest with everyone standing around in the room, right? Must I kill everyone? It seems so . . . extreme.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:08 am
jokke

Re: Artifacts

quote:
Originally posted by jokke
I found all of the artifacts inthe Dwarwen Ruins just next to the Fort outside Balderon. But I thik you can also find them in a chest in his office.

lol.. Im a bit tired.. its 0300 here..its Balmora ofcource Dunno where I got Balderon from.. sounds like a name..hmm
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:09 am

jokke

dunno

Well.. I didnt go to him at all..I heard from a friend that he found it in a chest in his house.. but try finding an angle ehere thy dont see you or something..
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:12 am

MrWinkey

Its in his house

You gotta lockpick one of his chests. its in his house. then u steal the artifacts and run like hell. Thats what i did
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:18 am

Pesky Wabbit
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just ended up killing him and the shopkeep, then booking out the back door.

Not an elegant solution for sure, but the bounty on my head was only 40 when I got back to Balmora, and also there is like 1000 arrows in different boxes in the store so whenever I need arrows i know where to get em.

Hey since this is the spoilers forum did everyone find the chest w/ 900 gold in it in Hla Oad? About the only thing worthwhile about that pos town
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:01 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

I got a quest in Hla Oad that rewarded $900 gold. Does that count?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:05 am
Kilmar

a. get the shopkeeper and the other guy to face away from you. When you walk by someone and they make a comment, they turn towards you. If you wait a few seconds, they stay looking at that direction.
b. sneak
c. picklock chest (the 35 one)
d. get artifacts
e. walk away
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:37 pm

Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Just provoke the guy... If your speechcraft isnt high enough to do that you can pickpocket him in plain sight which will cause him to attack you. Kill him and then use his key to open the chest. Strip all your items off of you so the stolen stuff won't be taken and go report yourself to the guard. In my case there was only a fine of 5 gold for the attempted pickpocket. Because he attacks you you can kill him without paying a fine for killing him.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:45 pm