Tad Williams
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Tad Williams

Anyone read Tad Williams? If you have please give me some feedback on this conceptual character sketch from Tad Williams The Burning Man. Thanks in advance.

Breda:
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:18 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

She is very beautiful and you are a very talented artist. Very impresive. Are you a proffesional or is it a hobby?

I pictured her totally different though. Her mother was supposed to be the voluptous one, and I pictured more of a viking/germanic look--less princessy and more peasanty.

Maybe adding the dragonclaw pouch would be a nice tough?
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:33 am
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Thanks for the feedback, my friend. No, I'm not an artist, but I have artists that work for me. You sound very familiar with Tad William's work Here is Breda's mom, please feel free to give me any feedbacks, thanks

Breda:
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:20 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm not that fimiliar. I read "Dragon Bone Chair" about 10 years ago, and i just finished reading the "Burning Man" a couple weeks ago. I nver got into his other SF series.

Are you a writer? Do you have anything to do with "The Hedge Knight" comic? The artists working for you are very talented. Can you tell us why they are drawing characters from "burning Man"? Or is it hush-hush?
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:33 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Since you read The Burning Man, you will be able to give some feedback. You might remember the Heron King Sulis, the apostate. Please feel free to give me your feedback on him. I have Otherland but I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's on my reading list so I will

I'm Ernst Dabel, president of the company that produced The Hedge Knight comic book. Did you have a chance to read issue #1 and #2. What did you think about them? You can see some never before penciled pages at this link: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7139
Thank you, I will be sure to pass your words of praise to the artists Well the Burning Man comic book will be coming out and if it is a success then we'll move on to the Dragonbone Chair and so forth

Here is the Heron King Sulis, the Apostate:
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:21 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Here is another character sketch from Tad Williams The Burning Man, enjoy

Breda's boyfriend:
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:44 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

Nice! I like that last one.
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:50 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

I'm happy that you like it

Here is a character sketch of old Godric from Tad Williams The Burning Man, enjoy

Godric:
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:19 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have the "Hedge Knight" comics. They are done very well. I haven't got a comic since I was in my young teens (over 10 years ago) but seeing G.R.R. Martin's work illustrated was something I went out of my way for. The covers are amazing as is the rest of the art from ink to color.

The only thing I hate about seeing stories I like personified is the contradictions from the pictures I had in my head. Like in the LotR movies I always pictured Stryder more Native American like, more like his character in the cartoon but not as much. I also have the same problesm with book covers. I like seeing the characters I know illustrated, but then again I don't.

On the interview about the Hedge Knight comic G.R.R. Martin gave to GamePro/comics
link http://www.gamepro.com/entertainment/books_comics/books/features/30599.shtml

he said that he thinks Ron Perlman would make a good Sandor Clegane. That just wrecked the picture of Sandor I had in my head and now I just picture Ron Perlman's character from Blade 2 when ever I read a chapter with him in it. Drives me nuts.

But, anyway, great comics.
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:23 am
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

I'm really happy that you like the "Hedge Knight" comics. I'm even happier that I could had a hand in bringing you back to comics, my friend

I understand what you mean about the way that you personally pictured the characters in your own mind. I had pictured Stryder as a Native American as well, but that is because I saw The Lord of The Rings cartoon/movie that was made long ago. I still loved that movie, even though I like the new movie too

LOL, so you can only see Ron Perlman as Sandor Clegane, now you're going to get that picture stuck in my head too, my friend, lol.

Thank you for the words of praise, it is greatly appreciated Here is a preview penciled art for The Hedge Knight comic book issue #4 before it is inked and colored, enjoy

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:02 am
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Legend of Huma Comic - Ashcan Edition

Devil's Due has put out some new ashcans - one side being G.I.Joe, and the other being The Legend of Huma. Most retailers have received a few copies. Be sure to stop by your local comic shop and pick up one of these ashcan editions. Not only is it a taste of what's to come, but it will make a nice collector's piece.
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:57 pm