Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ultima 8 - Pagan (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
gianluca

I'm sorry but where can i find the demo of Ultima 8 (I'm a bad internet user). <br> <br>Thank you very much!!!!
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:50 pm

garrett

As far as I remember, there was NO demo of Ultima 8 ever released.
Post Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:21 pm

Rehpotsirhc

no demo and no need for 1. . .u8 wasn't all that good, but check here: <br> <br>www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/1350
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:36 pm

Hull

Ultima 8 kicks ass!! I love all the other Ultimas, except part 9 I have a problem with but its still cool nontheless <br>also theres no demo to Ultima 8
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:20 pm

SirVincealot

Ultima VIII is one of the most atmospheric games I have played. The color scheme and music are so moody as to be eerie in places. And the meeting with Lithos... And Pyros' first appearance... The game is full of moments I still remember vividly, YEARS after the fact. U8 got a bad rap (make that a terrible rap) in light of U7 and the "legacy" set forth with U4 and on. I think it unrealistic to expect PAGAN should have been as good as BLACK GATE or SERPENT ISLE. Ten years and (I can only imagine how many) multiple times more processing power later, BALDUR'S GATE doesn't even come CLOSE to the brilliance of U7. Matter of fact, I am STILL waiting for a CRPG (any CRPG!) that can match (never mind beat) the depth of U7. Maybe MORROWIND... <br>Regards <br>SirVincealot
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:36 pm

RiverRat

I really liked Ultima 8. I kind of wish there were more than just the one town in it. I was surprised to find that the biggest part of the game was the dungeon in the grave yard, and BOY, did I get lost in there several times. But I definitely have to agree with the mood the game creates. I haven't played the game in 7 years, but I can still hear that eerie music in my head.
Post Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:45 pm

SirVincealot

Try this: <br> <br>http://www.surfing.net/ultima/index2.html <br> <br>and click on through "The Bard's Library" - sweetness!!!!!!
Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:51 pm

Wolfie

I have to agree with SirVincent and crew, U8 - Pagan still stick in my memory, even years after completing it. Sure those darn jumping problems were sad, but the game, the gameworld, the interaction, the storyline were all great!
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:59 am

heltorn

hey wolfie I agree fully, Ultima 8 kicks butt!
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:45 pm

Fitik

Ultima 8 is the best game i have ever played. Great atmosphere and better story. After that years i can remember those sounds and clear pictures of my playing are now between me and monitor. <br>
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:00 pm

Corvwyn

It's great that you guys like it. I didn't get a good reception when I mentioned that in the #udic channel though.

I agree with all of you, the atmosphere and story was brilliant. It is my favourite ultima, even though ultima 7 was great of course. I am heading a project called Ultima Exile which is an ultima remake for Neverwinter Nights. Look for some news on this page very soon.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:57 pm

Lord_Darkmoon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The problem most fans of the Ultima series have with part 8 is that the game was initally more along Ultima 7.
There was a party planned, the NPC schedules would have been more complex like in Ultima 7, item interaction would have been more like Ultima 7, the story was far more complex (the Avatar would have visited a city under the sea to retrieve the Tear of the Seas; the undead would have attacked Tenebrae, there was more to the character of Shaana etc.).
EA rushed Ultima 8 out the door, many features had to be cut and thus it was an incomplete game.
Ultima 8 is not a bad game, it just isn't the game fans expected.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:04 am
Carpathian Bob
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Darkmoon
EA rushed Ultima 8 out the door, many features had to be cut and thus it was an incomplete game.
Ultima 8 is not a bad game, it just isn't the game fans expected.

And so began a horrible trend resulting in Ultima 9, and if rumours are true the possibility of an Ultima 10 is in the works.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:02 pm
Garrett

Yes, EA managed to destroy several great brands they once owned, among them Ultima, Wing Commander, Bard's Tale, Command & Conquer...

and also their once grear and innovative companies are only cloners these days, like Origin, Westwood, Maxis or Bullfrog...
All are gone...

Thanks, EA
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:05 pm
Lord_Darkmoon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, and now even Blizzard is gone...
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next