Money problems
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Money problems

HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY??? , everything is way too expensive, spells are hard to come by and lesser spells wont work on creatures when you're nearing level 10, a single slaughter fish bite took one third of my life away and I had to cast 20 times the same weak spell while drinking potions (you cant more than 3 or 4 , depends on alchemy skill I assume).
HOW??? stealing stuff then fencing wont do much money, and plundering caves and dungeons becomes more difficult by the minute... any tips or hints are appreciated.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:54 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You probably already know that your adversaries level wiith you; therefore as you raise your character's level (about level 15), you'll encounter humanoid enemies wearing glass, mythril, elven and ebony gear, instead of fur and iron. Then you'll wish you have 100 strength and endurance -- or a long lasting ease burden spell -- to be able to haul all the stuff you've taken from bandits and their kin to the nearest merchant.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:50 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I just noticed that nearly all dungeons are too difficult for my character (level 1. I guess this happened because I didn't focus entirely on my main strenghts (strenght and endurance) and that I leveled up by improving other skills (restoration, security, alchemy) and hence had low modifiers on the key skills.

My thinking is that to level up without getting quickly stronger may make the game very difficult.
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:50 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

After joining a couple of guilds and the Blades, money was never really much of a problem. You can take things from the guild hall and sell it. You have used Haggle I assume to get better prices from merchants!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 am
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ok then I'll just level up without money and get myself killed trying to get glass armor from more powerful enemies, great . Let's hope me mage can withstand the blow...
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:43 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

There's always the slider, your best friend in times of darwinistic despair. Make the game suit your playing style.
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:02 pm
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you mean the difficulty slider I'm planning to stay away from it for a moment...Maybe the situation will go better in advanced levels.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:47 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

@Alohan, if playing a mage be sure to do the mage quests asap to get access to the Arcane University. You'll want to hand-make several spells that will bridge the gap between some of the defaults. Also, mages aren't going to stand toe-to-toe with melee characters very well. Buy a bow, make poisons, and weaken your enemies up before pounding them with spells.

Finally, alchemists can make a buttload of money just creating restore fatigue potions. Just walk around the towns and take all the food you find. Make 100 restore fatigue potions and sell them for 15-16 each. That's 1500 Septims. Now you can buy a few more spells
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:45 pm
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:04 pm