Usergroups
Diccuric needs help for translation
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Exfinite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's only broken because you included ' ), ' in your link.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:11 pm
Balandor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Another german thing i found is experience, (esample: when i kill a Scavenger instead of saying "experience +90" it says "daüfrsh +90 (it doesnt really says that, but its somthing similar)"

Oh...by the way, can u be a little more specific about rotrou{s location, i still cant find him.....and why i cannot change armors?
Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:58 am
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Behind the starting point is a little wood, there you should be able to find Rotrou.
In Diccuric, armors needs a minimum of strength to be put on. If you are too weak, you can't change them.
Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:14 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i have a problem, the mod wont run for me, i did all the stuff it said and when istart a new game it loads for about 5 secs and then i get an error message
it says: D:ZMORPHMESHCZ(MORPHMESHPROTO::LOADMORPHSCRIPT
:MMS not found :LOB_G2_V1.MMS
anyone know what went wrong?
Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:58 pm
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You MUST use the Gothic starter to run Diccuric/Gothic in future. If this doesn't nelp, klick in the starter on the button mod development and make sure, that no box is checked.
If the error remains, check your gothic/data and gothic/data/modvdf directories if there are several dic* files. If they are not there, you should reinstall all of the mod files.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:41 pm
Kapchris
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

u know guys i havent even manage to install diccuric on my gothic please help me!!!!!!!!!!
Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:18 pm
Kapchris
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sorry i manage to install diccuric and the einglish version too
i love this game
Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:38 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

first thing didnt work, what are all the files that should be in those directories?
Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:10 am
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yoou should have:
- diccuric.mod (necessary base file)
- dic_patch2_1.mod and/or dic_patch2.mod (with patch 1.1d only one of them, otherwise both)
- dic_speech.mod (if you want German speech output)
- dic_eng.mod (for English translation of textes)
- dic_nonatureanis.mod (to start the no-nature-animation variant for older computers)
It's unimportant, if those files are in gothic/data or gothic/data/modvdf
in your gotic/system path should be:
- diccuric.ini (German full version)
- diccuric_noNAeng.ini (English beta without nature animation)
- diccuriceng.ini (English beta full animation)
- diccuric_noNA.ini (German full version without nature animations)

One anotation: Hardware sound accelaration causes a lot of trouble, if there are problems, try software mode (miles fast). If you have less than 512 mbyte of ram, please try the no nature variant to give your ram a doable work, because Diccuric needs a lot more from a system than Gothic
Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm
MorGan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A great mod. Thu´mbs up for the team.

I need some help though..

I found the note from teh smith in the smithy that says i oughta go to the foreman for the gear.. the problem is that the Foreman wont talk to me... Only "END" option is available..

I also cant find this Raffa fellow.. Where is he supposed to be?

Finally i have to complain about the dialog. I have trouble at times to read the text in time before it changes.. I am able to easily read 3 lines of text in the while it hangs there but at times there are 5 or even 6 lines of text there which makes it kinda hard to keep up with the story and the quests..

Oh and one more thing.. There is a key on the top of a cubbord in one house in the middle of the wilderness (Cant say where the house is cause i ended up there after running away from an Orc and getting lost ) but i cant reach it from any angle.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:01 pm
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by MorGan
A great mod. Thu´mbs up for the team.

Thanx a lot. It was a lot of work...

quote:
I need some help though..

I do my best. But I can't promise to give as good hints as in German as my English is worse...

quote:
I found the note from teh smith in the smithy that says i oughta go to the foreman for the gear.. the problem is that the Foreman wont talk to me... Only "END" option is available..

I also cant find this Raffa fellow.. Where is he supposed to be?

The problem is, that the Taliasan jobs make the Graveyarn ones obsolete. It should be written in your diary. So if you apply to work for him, you can't do the Graveyarn stuff anymore, if you finished the first job of Graveyarn, you can't work anymore for Taliasan.

You can find Raffa at the river between the castle and the town. He is hiding in the bushes at the other riverside as the washing houses.

quote:
Finally i have to complain about the dialog. I have trouble at times to read the text in time before it changes.. I am able to easily read 3 lines of text in the while it hangs there but at times there are 5 or even 6 lines of text there which makes it kinda hard to keep up with the story and the quests..

I'll try to change this time. But I can't promise yet, in how far I can correct it. As far as I know, it would help to install the German speech files, because the text changes first when the wav files are fully played, so if your internet connection is not limited, you can grab them. They even would help to give you a better atmosphere

quote:
Oh and one more thing.. There is a key on the top of a cubbord in one house in the middle of the wilderness (Cant say where the house is cause i ended up there after running away from an Orc and getting lost ) but i cant reach it from any angle.

How to explain this problem? Mentalists are to lazy to use their hands, they found another way to move things. Yeah, it's the telekinese (I hope, that the word is the same as in German, if not: the spell to move objects) spell, which helps you to get things, which seems to be unreachable.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:05 pm
oche
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello people, I'm new here.

Just wanted to say first of all that Diccuric is excellent - you have much to be proud of. In some ways it surpasses the original Gothic. I was blown away by the addition of a sleeping bag.

The complaint about the text disappearing too quickly is correct; fortunately, your journal is a great help in filling in the pieces you missed, unless of course the journal text is in German!

There is still a lot of German in the game. At this point, I'm pretty far in the game and I didn't record every error I saw, so I'm afraid I won't be much help with the beta testing. If you want me to list any errors I see from now on, just let me know.

On another note: how hard was it to make Diccuric? How long did it take and did you have many people helping out?
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:56 am
MorGan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Moe!

I thought i'd mention the key cause i wasnt sure if it was meant to be reachable without the spell or not...
I suppose I'll have to find a telekinesis spell then.. *sigh* work work
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:48 am
Kapchris
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't find rotru and raffa were are they?
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:57 pm
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by oche
There is still a lot of German in the game.

As we want to find this text, we started the betatest...

quote:
On another note: how hard was it to make Diccuric? How long did it take and did you have many people helping out?

We worked over two years on Diccuric. The first half year, we worked on a complete other mod (to add several quests to Gothic), but then we slowly changed to that, what Diccuric got in the end. But we can't say, that the first half year was lost, we learned a lot to handle the Gothic engine. So no one of us three of the first days of the mod had the idea, that we will do such a big thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Kapchris
Can't find rotru and raffa were are they?

Rotrou is in the little forest behind the start point (if you come from the town).
Raffa is at the river between the castle and the town at the opposite side of the river as the washing houses.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next