Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Am I missing something or is this game just really unbalance
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I'm in chapter 2 in Gothic (The minecrawler nest) , joined the Brotherhood, and am having a really difficult time because i'm supposed to go on this quest where the creatures are way to difficult. (Get the focus in the tower with the skeletons.)The thing is, i see all these other places on the map where it looks like i'll have to go later in the game and the monsters there are actually easier! For example, the minecrawler nest, which i assume i'll be sent to later in the chapter, seems actualy easier than this dungen. So I have to clear a hard dungeon to get an easier one? That doesn't make sense! Am I missing a task or something? I've talked to everybody and the only mission i can do is the focus one, which I won't be able to till i'm like at least lvl 12. I've got rid of the competing weed makers in the new camp, and have delivered the weed to the old camp. Are there any other tasks I can do besides find the focus? If so nobody is giving me a task. I'm also running out of monsters to kill so i'm not even sure i'll get to the lvl i need to complete the dungeon. Is there somebody I haven't talked to yet? Or do I just have to keep killing things till i get to the lvl i need to be to finish the dungeon?
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:09 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Are you sure you are at the right place? The tower close to the ship is really dangerous. You can go there later.
The location for the "single focus" quest is a small stonehenge, along the coast in direction to the swamp camp. You can almost look down to the camp.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:32 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, Gorath is right. You're in the wrong place.

That tower is just an extra. There is no mission in the game that requires you to go there. The Focus that you're looking for is out in the open.

Look for a large circle of rock on the ground, and there should be a Novice there. Kill the Novice, and take the Focus.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:20 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You ever encountered a quest called "The stranger" or "Fog tower quest"?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:29 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Stranger? Fog Tower quest?

No, but they sound interesting. What's the mission?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:32 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

As allways I donīt know the English name.
Itīs the quest you get in this tower near the ship. There is a book with a clue where to find the next book and so on. You are promised a prize when you find the final location. The resolution is sort of a disappointment, but the quest is pretty tricky. Itīs the only quest where you have to really use your brain. Pretty challenging. Only you and the book with a single hint.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:39 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Who tells you about that quest?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:42 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A book you find close to see sea exit. Or was it something in the remainings of that poor guy there? I donīt remember. At least something in this room.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:55 am