Gothic 3: Preview @ GameBanshee
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gothic 3: Preview @ GameBanshee

GameBanshee has a short but interesting hands-on <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/editorials/e32006page9.php" target="_blank">preview</a> of Gothic 3 from E3. No procedural generation for G3 - here's a bit on hand-crafting the lot:<blockquote><em>The first thing you notice when you’re staring at Gothic III in action is just how believable the environment looks. Sure, the excellent graphics add to the realism, but everything from the surrounding mountains to the diverse buildings shows a great amount of detail. Aspyr producer Blaine Christine tells me that this is because the team has hand-crafted every area in the game, all the way down to the foliage. Absolutely nothing is tiled, which is an impressive feat for a relatively small development team working on such a large game world. In fact, the continent where Gothic III takes place spans over 75 square kilometers, making it three times the size of the island we ventured on in Gothic II. The continent has also been broken out into three distinct regions, including a cold Viking-like mountainous area (Nordmar), a lush coastal area, and a dry desert region on the south side of the land mass. Players will obviously need efficient means of traveling across such a large area, so the team is implementing both horses and journey stones that allow for teleportation.</em></blockquote>
Post Fri May 26, 2006 7:16 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gamebanshee preview
so the team is implementing both horses and journey stones that allow for teleportation.

Horses?! I think Aspyr producer Blaine Christine is getting overenthusiastic, because there won't be any horses in Gothic 3 and in this case I think KaiRo knows more about the game than Blaine Christine.
Besides some little inaccuracies, it's a good read.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 7:21 am

Whut's this guy smoking lol jajajajajjajajajja.... maybe they know something we dont know??? jajajaja....
Post Fri May 26, 2006 12:02 pm

ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Reading reviews is so 2003. These days it seems just about 80% are either prozac or crack inspired.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 4:16 pm

"Horses" is not in the original preview Gothic's ai always impress me. I cannot see much in Oblivion. just hope to get my hands on it this September.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

How long has it been since KaiRo, said no horses, was it before the delay?

What if the part of the reason for the delay was to add horses?

Guess I am just wishing.
Post Sat May 27, 2006 3:24 am