Merc Or Milita??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
nitroman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Merc Or Milita??

At a cross roads now and have to decide which guild to join. Wanted some feedback from experienced players regarding the Pros and Cons of each to help the decision.. Thus far have made both and have been getting the feel of both classes. Like the story from the Mercs perspective a bit better would rather be going against the authority than being one (LOL) Main goal is to have fun and not get too frustrated... Any feedback would be great... Thanks....
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:26 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: Merc Or Milita??

quote:
Originally posted by nitroman
At a cross roads now and have to decide which guild to join. Wanted some feedback from experienced players regarding the Pros and Cons of each to help the decision.. Thus far have made both and have been getting the feel of both classes. Like the story from the Mercs perspective a bit better would rather be going against the authority than being one (LOL) Main goal is to have fun and not get too frustrated... Any feedback would be great... Thanks....

Mercs will get the strongest weapon in the game, but it is harder to finish with them as they have virtually no magic support.

Paladins will get the strongest armor in the game, and the combat runes they get can be very effective against most enemies, especially if some points are invested into mana. With them it is a bit easier to finish.

In the end it is up to you which way you tread, and you can still steal and plunder without much consequences even if you are a Paladin, that is if you do not get caught.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:39 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Its your call, Paladins, id say are easier, but Mercs, I think its more fun! You can always save wher you are now, join one and if u change your mind just reload
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:38 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm a level 32 merc at the moment and about to go up against the dragons. I'm not sure how it will be with them but I have already taken out all the orcs around the castle...twice (chap3 and 4) and taken out the lizard guards of the dragons...only once (gonna have to do it again though, they seem to respawn in chapt 4) and I can tell you that it has not been to tough. I was level 18 before I went to chapter 2 so that may of had something to do with it also. Not to mention Mercs/DH are a one skill class so you can be very powerful faster. Pump all LPs into Str and 1/2h swords no need for anything else, then when you are strong enough to kill everything in your path you can then start using points for alchemy and other stuff.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:11 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wouldn't worry about not having magic. I finished the game as a Palladin but really skimped on magic. I never got any combat runes (only healing ones) and concentrated on 1handed sword and crossbow (though I did max 2 handed as well). If you train your combat skills enough you will be able to defeat anything in the game even dragons.

And beside that, just play what you want to. It's never been an issue of mine of who is the "best" -- just what kind of character I'd like to play. If you wanna go against the establishment by all means, join up with the Mercs!
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:25 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you're new to the world of Gothic, play as a Paladin. The magic of the Paladin is far more powerful than any weapon, ranged or melee, in the game.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:32 pm