Dex vs Str [NOTR]?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Dex vs Str [NOTR]?

I was wondering, since there are a lot more dex based swords in NOTR with bonuses and bows make powerful weapons AND you'll be able to pickpocket anyone in the game. Isn't it better to concentrate more in DEX than strength?

Even though I've invested 30 points in strength and 24 in two handed weapons, isn't it better to learn dexterity from now on and just try to continue with bows and dex-based swords?

What do you say?
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:37 am
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Dex vs Str [NOTR]?

DEX-based weapons need also strength to be effective, and even the best DEX-based near-range-weapon in the game ("Betty") does much less damage than the best STR-weapon. So, it's up to you, again.
My last "character" had more DEX than STR (well, it was pretty evened out), and I didn't thought the game to be harder than usual. After all, it's my own fault to want to kill the elite orcs and wargs in the wood in the first chapter - it really does need more time, hehe.
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:51 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Pladio,

From other threads here, that's a very loaded question!

Either a Dex-based or Strength-based character works very well, but if you are patient a balanced character can also work -- it just takes more careful tactics.

The most direct ways are to be a Dex-based character with the best bow you can use at the moment or a Strength-based character with the best one or two handed weapon you can use at the moment. But the game is so wide open that you can be successful with almost any combination.

And since we know you'll play it over and over again give them all a try!

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:43 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Since I'm a very good tactician in skill development, (certainly not in NOTR), then it seems I might have some trouble if I go as a balanced character through the game.
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:55 pm