Fixing my own stuff/weapons and shields
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
shane1122
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fixing my own stuff/weapons and shields

Total newbie here with a newbie queation....How do I fix my own armor and weapons? I have tongs and a hammer. The booklet says to "equip tongs and hammer" to fix your stuff, but I can not figure out how to equip two things.
Also, as a Knight, two of my main skills are block and long blade. My guy is really doing great work with his axe, but I am thinking I would gain levels faster (currently 5th level) if I went to a sword and shield fighting style as I would increase two abilities everytime I fight. Is my logic correct here?
Thanks a bunch and I really appreciate the accumulated knowledge here. It has been a huge help to read through the postings.
-Shane
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:33 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

I've always only used the hammer. When you equip just a hammer does the little repair window pop up? I would say definitely start using long blade and shield if you can. Especially since you can find some really nice one-handed long blades.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:20 pm
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I agree you should play to your strengths, but the game quickly becomes easy if you explore around lots so you may want to use some of your weaker skills. I found later on I really enjoyed the two hand swords, even though one of my main skills was block. Blocking was just too easy so I switched.
later, rordog
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:51 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you can find it, use Crysamere(sp?). It is a really good two handed sword, good for the paladin types.
As for your skills, definatly use a long blade if it is a primary skill. You'll be surprised how fast you level up.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:50 am
shane1122
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I figured it out and will post it for future newbies.

1) Select a hammer (available at the Fighter's Guild)
2) Equip the hammer by selecting it and dragging it onto the picture of your character (the game has kind of a MacInTrash feel with dragging and dropping)
3) A scroll bar will appear listing each piece of armor and weapon in your inventory that is damaged
4) Now the hard part... Each weapon will have a red bar showing how damaged it is. To the LEFT of each bar is a picture of the item. Click on the item PICTURE to attempt a repair.
5) You can try to repair an item as many times as you wish until the hammer runs out of "charges."

Loving the game and looking very cool in my new Ebony helmet. I just wish they had placed one percent of the energy put into programming into hiring someone to write a good user's manual. I have the Game of the Year Ed. and for all three games I only got a measly 48 page instruction booklet.

I am sure I'll be back soon all lost and confused with a bottle of Flin in one hand and a Kwarma worker hanging off my nose. Thanks,
-Shane
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:30 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I agree with the others pointing out that you need not worry about concentrating on one skill in this game. If you push hard you can become invincible in a day and kill supposedly legendary beasts with one hit. Just play with whatever skills you want and you'll find you'll still be strong enough to win.

Try getting some of the armourer mods too, while you are at it. Item creation is good fun.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:29 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

And if you still can't kill the tougher beasts, just become a werewolf. I am one hundred percent sure you'll kill things then.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:35 am
Breton_mage
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

if the game is really too easy set the difficulty highest !
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:09 pm