Tipping Cows and Eternal Combat.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Tipping Cows and Eternal Combat.

Well....... You can't actually tip the cows can you. Sooooo I've taken to tipping the rocks instead. It has to be said that so far this has proved to be mostly fruitless. Did anyone else actually find something tasty under a rock? Let me know, cause it'd be nice to know I'm not rock tipping for nothing.

I've come across a few good moments in my quest so far, but I thought I'd share a couple with you. The first was a conversation that I overheard between to Skeleton Warriors. They were arguing over how they could actually walk and talk with no muscles to hold their bones together. Then one of them told the other that he didn't want to talk about it anymore because.. " I don't want to fall apart due to excess existential thought, ooooh nasty."

The second has to do with Ferris and Jupiter, the two guards holding the bridge that separates the forest from the farmlands. I had met them earlier and helped them fight off a troll attack. Later on while exploring the forest, I fell on an Orc camp and was completely outnumbered. Things looked bleak, there were Warriors and Crossbow Orcs and worse an Orc War Drummer and an Orc Chief, neither of whom I have been able to take on individually as yet.

Then I had an idea..... If I walked away from the camp, the whole troop except the Chief followed after me, baying for blood. It seemed logical to assume that if I could persuade them to follow me down to the bridge, then Ferris and Jupiter would help me deal with them.

The plan worked well and the two bridge guards disposed of the lesser Orcs in no time at all, with a little help from my trusty mace of course. (Erm...The smack you on the head kind, not the spray you in the eyes kind.) But then Ferris took off after the Orc War Drummer, who had been dawdling behind the rest of the pack.

The drummer did not seem to be able to inflict any harm on the mighty Ferris. But what little damage Ferris was able to inflict, was healed every few seconds when the Ugly brute beat his magic drum. (Not a sentence I thought to be typing today.) So I decided to pitch in to tip the balance.

Unfortunately as soon as I did this, the Orc War Drummer turned his attention to me with extreme prejudice! Bugger! So I decided that the way to go was to hit the big guy, then walk off and have him follow me back toward the bridge. Where hopefully Jupiter would rejoin the fray, and between us we would put an end finally to this poor mans Phil Collins.

Jupiter duly pitched into the battle with his spear, so now both guards are hacking away at the Orc, while he lashes back mercilessly with his...erm..drumsticks. Neither side is really doing the other any harm. But if I join in... I die. I wandered away for a little more exploring and checked on them again about twenty minutes later, and they were still hard at it.

And so I have left them thus. Locked in battle for eternity in the name of the Badger. Quite poetic really isn't it.

Badger.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:29 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

The skeletons are may favourite part of the game. War Drummers are a pain, but are easy to deal with. Get the Freeze spell and use it. Works brilliantly on Orcs and Drummers especially. While frozen, give them the old shish kabob!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hehe, if you like the skellies, wait until you meet the orc shaman that pees his pants! You'll fall off your chair laughing!
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:24 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

And the cart crash!
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:08 pm