Usergroups
Dungeon Seige or Morrowind
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Well folks, next month is the big month. Both Dungeon Seige and Morrowind are officially coming out in April (Dates subject to change). Well, let's just say that you were allowed only to buy one of these games. Dungeon Seige or Morrowind. All things considered, I think I will put my money on Microsoft over Bethseda (with their proven record of producing nothing but junk).
If you are going to buy Morrowind; are you going to buy their Craker Jack version with the little prize in the box?
Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:11 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I decided to wait with morrowind, since there is no demo of it, and not goin to be.
In this case i have to wait and see some reviews first, and then figure out if its worth of spending money. Its interesting (at least it sounds and looks like) game. I really hope they don't spoil it.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'll wait for the first game patches that make the games playable.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:38 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

I sense a certain degree of distrust of gaming manufacturers .

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:46 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

When do we see your new pic, Joey? Oh, and congrats I can tell that, from latest games, Gothic was only game that hasn't been a disapointment for me, thats my opinion of course, even with those bugs

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I think I'll at least wait a couple of months before buying Morrowind.... Don't know about Dungeon Siege, I'll see how good it rates before rushing out and buying it...
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:49 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Sorry Max, I have to go the other way on this. I've heard great things about Daggerfall, (game of the year 1996, right?) on the other hand I'm still trying to get Crimson Skies to work right.

I don't think MS has a remarkably strong reliability record with games. They just release so many that I seems like their record is better.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:16 am
Motoki
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I pre-ordered both, and with all the extra goodies I could (Art book and music CD in the case of Morrowind, cloth map in the case of Dungeon Siege). But if I had to chose one? I'd go with Morrowind. Story and npc interaction is important to me and Dungeon Siege, from what I've read, seems a little short on that. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great game and certainly has it's strengths, multiplayer can be fun too if you have someone to play with.

And as for all the comments here, well my goodness we are a suspicious distrustful bunch aren't we? As far as I am concerned no game is bug free (no not even Microsoft ones!) and they all have some patches but I've always managed to work around the problems and check daily for patches. All reports I have been reading for both games from people who got preview copies have been very good and mention no bugs. I guess we will wait and see, and I'll personally post my opinions and experiences on both as soon as I get them.

-MO
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:17 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Well, if I do get one, I'll probably get Morrowind first. I need something to slake my thrist before NWN comes out.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:22 am
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Definatly Morrowind. I have the Collectors Edition and the strategy guide preorder from Bethsoft with overnight shipping so I should be getting the game as early as possible most likely before it shows up in the stores by a day or two Dungeon Siege looks good but its more a strategy/hack/slash type rpg. Morrowind is the real roleplaying deal and the sequal to one of the best CRPG's ever. I probably will get Dungeon Siege but if Morrowind's release date isn't pushed beyond April/ early May I wont be getting Dungeon Siege until I have Morrowind otta my system which probably will take a while.
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:08 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Morrowind. It's even my desktop background.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:03 pm
raspewtin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

if i only had to have 1, definitely dungeon siege, b/c u also get ultima 4,5,6,7 remakes free of charge also bethesda has a bad track record. as it stands, i will probably buy both tho b/c i'm a rpg nut plus freedom force!
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:30 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

After reading some previews I'll stick with Morrowind

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:09 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

If I had to choose, I definately think I would go for Gothic.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:15 pm
Motoki
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Regarding those Ultima remakes, you are ware that they cannot even start them until the game comes out. All they have done so far is some planning and fancy web pages to hype everyone up. Many times those fan made games/mod/translations etc never end up getting completed because people get on with their lives and have other committments and realize that is a lot of time and effort to put into something you aren't getting paid for. Even if they do finish it don't expect to see any of them for at least a year. Honestly if any of them get completed, then by the time they do Dungeon Siege will be in the $9.99 bargain bin.

I'm not saying not to get the game, just that don't get it soley for those remakes if you are expecting to play them anytime soon.

-MO
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next