Some fun stuff-
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Myscha the sled dog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some fun stuff-

Here is a list of lots of things that have made the game more fun for me.

First of all the Zed the Nightblade Merchant plugin is superb. Mark yourself in front of him and start looting. Bribe him up to 100 regarding and you will get great prices. Play the game normally like you always do or are doing, just always sell to Zed. You can recall while Burden 999 btw.

After a long period of time, kill zed After you;ve overloaded him with crap so he can't move LOL! Just dodge his spells and blow him away with a bound bow-He's level 100 but he's not god.

Zed is a trip. Give him clothes and he'll put them on. He looks funny as hell in a gay looking exquisite robe holding a lantern at night.

Kill Zed save the game-exit out. Then reload the game with zed but this time copy the esp file to another directory and rename it zed2 and load it as well. (rename the plugin to zed2) then loot him and sell to him.
Whne you load your save game you'll have a dead zed and a live one LOL.

This basically solves your concerns for finance. Now granted a lot of people like to play legit and straight forward, so I only suggest this if you've already finished the game and just want to have alot of fun and try new skills and things. Most of this stuff is just so you cna entertain yourself.

After you lift Zed's gear and weapons keeping what you want and selling everything you previoulsy sold to the new zed go rip off the Balmora mage Enchanter chick of her souls gems. (easily done by doing the "plant a fake soul gem" quest as part of guild membership the alchemist khanjit skank wants you to do)

Now that you have some great soul gems-buff up your skills.
Go to all the trainers you can find and cap out your skills-bribe them 100 gold til they are 100 to minimize expenditures. Learn everything. Remember the goal here is to try out new things and experiment.
Only your primary and secondary skills level you-so raise them first.

Once your skills are capped go buy every spell you can find.

Go back to zed and make your own spells. The damage over time spells are truly powerful. (Destruction) 10 damage everysecond for 30 seconds is pretty nasty stuff.

Enchant Exquisite amulets-rings-robe with cool stuff.
I enchnated a bow-it doesn't work. I assume you would need to enchnat arrows. Don't enchant weapons-they don't hold enough. Jewelry and such is best.

-100 point heals
-60 seconds of invisibility
-60 seconds levitation
-make your own 100% resist magika spell
-make your own paralyze spells (truly powerful) 20 second paralyze+ damage over time dots are brutal.

Be sure and get the Boots of Blinding Speed off the redgard Tramp on the road between caldera and the western coastline (not on road to gnar mok-take the right fork she's out there chillin)

Kill her-nab the boots. cast 100% magika resist on yourself equip boots-no more blindness and you now have perma speed. If yer wearing Zed's old Glass armor you have rocking Armor already.

NPCs immediately stop attacking when you go invisible. Have a few items that have mucho charges for invisibility made for yourself. This will allow you to escape any situation.

Conjuration-I can't say enough good things about the Bound Bow spell. As a wood elf marksman-I ALWAYS use a bound bow. I made my own spell that summons one for 480 seconds (8 minutes) it's an incredible weapon.
I've noticed no difference in arrow selection though. (bound bows are magical so they hit everyone)

Summon Mobs is handy when you are being swarmed (it's pretty rare you get swarmed anyway) They are great to experiment new spells on. I've been trying to make my own Damage Strength 100 spell to perma root people but I need more soul gems hehe.

In one dungeon-temple along the Foyada Bani-dad (the lava flow road) there is a Dremora dungeon-excavation where I found a couple of criminals. There is a pond of water in the cavern swim down and there are 2 dremora lords guarding an ancient crypt. (pop invisibility-pick the lock) Which opens up into a tomb full of PHAT LOOT. What I did was pull the boss mob OUT of the tomb-then ran inside and shut the door LOL.

In side are two crypts-it's a small room-The awesome thing here is there is a series of skulls with ancient silver daggers-TAKE THESE DAGGERS THEY OWN. OMg you can 2 hit Vivec guards with these. They are powerful damage over time daggers.

If you've played thru the game and done the "find my dad's bow" in the family brurial ground quest for the ashlanders at Urshalaku camp be sure and use your cool levitation gear and check those mummies. I go tons of amazing glass armor-scrolls-and other goodies by merely looting the joint.

Make yourself a RECALL amulet. recall to Zed and sell.

There are a pair of awesome gloves and Glass Leggings in the shrine room of the quest where you get dieseased and kill the ursagopth whatever fella in the series of caverns North of Gnaar Mok. be sure and check BEHIND the trough type containers. These gloves are bound items and boosted my agility and strength above cap.

Know that Jinx dweomer sword the redgard fellas (name wayn or something Bald fella with tower shield) offers for sale in the Bamora fighter's guild? I STILL have mine at level 47. The 10 second paralyze is awesome. later on in the game you will run across a number of these in Ashland crypts and such. These weapons are so sweet. Since I am primarily a marksman using a bound bow I usually love tap the mob trying to melee me step back and fire 2-3 arrows into them. It that's not enough to kill them I do it again. Paralyzation has no diminshing returns in Morrowind and is extremely powerful.

Of all the magic schools I rarely use any spells. i mostly kill stuff with my weapons and bow. Spells can be easily dodges and replacing mana (magika is a pain)

If anyone has come up with a cool way to replace magika cheap and fast without slamming potions let me know.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:18 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Since you´re allready using plugins, theres one that let´s you buy two spells from the travel-lady in mages guild, Balmora. One is to fortify your maximum magicka, and one is to restore magicka. Buy ´em both, get a golden saint soul, and enchant an item to constant restore 3 points or so with magicka. Works with any kind of attribute too, health, fatigue, you name it. I love running around with my three colorfull levers at top all the time
BTW are you that Unreal-guy?

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:43 pm
Myscha the sled dog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the regen tip Pinnen I'll try it out.
And to answer your question-yep I was one of the level designers on Unreal-Unreal Tournament.

I'm a huge rpg MMP gamer-You name it and I've probably logged 1,000 hours in it !
UO-EQ-AC-AO-DAoC(recently nerfed my minstrel those bastages at Mythic need to be shot)

Morrowind totally rocks.
All we need to do now is convince Bethesda to do a Morrowind Online version. They could rake in huge cash-plus the world is superb. All th hard stuff is over-they just need to whip up some network code.

Hell even if they made it where only 32 people could play it would still rock.

They'd just need to change the training system and the the way they handle the passage of time and such.

Single player games are awesome and all, but MMP games last years and are 10x more fun.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:01 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

just wanna say I admire your work! Love your games. The original Unreal kept me awake for nigths on end.
Can´t really say anything about MMORPGs though, as my pretty tigth budget wont allow the approx 10$/month.... Especially not since our own currency is so damn weak. But i think I would love it. Really wanted to play Anarchy Online, but I think I have a softer spot for Star Wars Galaxies. And an online Morrowind would be a dream come true. I would love to challenge people in the Vivec Arena.
So I guess you look forward to Nevewinter Nigths then?

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:14 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

what server are you on on DAoC and EQ? and asherons call

Don't you feel better now?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:36 am
Myscha the sled dog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Servers

UO-pacific (Juliet Dominici-Kira Argounova)
AC-Leafcull (Milan Dominici-Kira Argunova)
AO-Beta 3 90 MA named Gdll (after the .dll that crashed the game over 500 times in beta 3)
EQ-Luclin-Cazic Thule Isaii Sleddog 54 bard
DAoC -Palomides Milan Dominici 46 scout/Mercede Dominici 50 Minstrel Rank 4L7-Lament Dominici 42 Infiltrator)

I play tons of stuff, even RTS games. Not much into the shooter world anymore, rpgs just keep my interested much longer and I enjoy character development. When you've been deathmatching since Doom1 it's hard to see something new ya know? When I see announcements that another shooter is coming out I almost cringe in agony.

Played Tribes/Tribes 2 all the BG series/Loved Fallout 1-2

Morrowind is amazing-I'm still very impressed by it. My only beef is I wish it were multiplayer/had more interesting melee styles/better mana management.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:09 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Another tip to replenish magic quick and easy. Enchant a ring (or something similar) with Summon Ancestral Ghost. Then attack it (unarmed is best) it will fill you quickly if you have absorb magic. (usually thru birthsign.)

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:17 am