Hammer & Sickle: Review @ GameDaily
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Hammer & Sickle: Review @ GameDaily

Hammer & Sickle continues to yield wildly varying reviews with <a href="e correct country, and the accents all sound as though the speakers have a nasty" target="_blank">this</a> one scoring 2.5/5:<blockquote><em>The combat can be so great. With action points to determine how much a character can do, per turn; you can have him or her climb to elevated ground (like a shelled building) and crouch at a window, aim for the enemy commander, and let loose a tide-turning shot. However, all this has a great number of obstacles. Just getting to your turn is one major problem. The time players have to wait for the enemy to take its actions is often even longer than a well-thought-out turn of your own. Then you have to wait for any bystanders or allies to take their turns before you finally get a crack at it. Some large-scale combats can make you wait fifteen minutes or more between each turn. Another disappointing thing is the RPG statistical customization. There are dozens of abilities and upgrades to each character, and they advance in clear and impressive directions. But somehow, all that customization doesn't really add to anything. There is almost no difference in a character with ten upgrades and a character with none.</em></blockquote>
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:27 am
Omnislash

incorrect link

that link is wrong, may be this is the problem:
<a href="e correct country, and the accents all sound as though the speakers have a nasty" target="_blank">this</a>
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:29 am

Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I think I have a good link here.
http://pc.gamedaily.com/game/?gameid=4619

I havent had a chance to read it yet, but the short of Hammer & Sickle for me is Extremely fun and buggy
Turns out this was orginally a Mod by Novik, and after huge support was picked up by Nivel.

This game was done in about 6 months, that is both an amazing accoplishment and ceritanly worth forgiving of some of the bugs.
I have been in the offical Hammer & Sickle forums quite abit for the last week or so due to playing this game so much.
Seems the devs are constatly working on improvments and communicating with fans and Novik posted 1/5/06

"Novik65

I will upload normal editor on next week."

There does seem to be intrest in making Mods

Edit
Btw, most people trying to play this think you just start, Normal mode and your good to go expecting to beable to complete it.
I higly suggest you consider Easy mode, then go into custom setting and turn everything on the left side down to minium and Player damage on the right to max.
There is currently a translation of 2000 word Russian guide for this game, the orginal Russian author, has decide that it need more guidance and is working on new extensive guide and is already up to page 30 and has NOT even reach the halfway point
Here is the started translation of the 2000 word guide and a nice Plot diagram with no actual plot spoilers, the braches possible.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6977/2037/1600/H%20&%20S%20plot%20diagram.1.jpg

http://www.cdv-board.de/english/showthread.php?t=51941
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 am