Usergroups
Finished Wizardry 8
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I just finished Wizardry 8 yesterday after 142 hours of playtime, and I could easily have used more!
I solved almost every quest, and search almost every corner of the wizardry world, and I must say that it have been a very exciting adventure.
It's defently my RPG game of the year, and I will recommend it for any RPG player who likes a game that challenges you for immersive gameworld and stratetic choises.
Some of the negative talk about the game, is certainly not issues for me.
-Very nice graphic especially for a RPG 1.person game.
-Challenging fights with lot a stratetic elements to master. There can be many fights if you are in for it, but many fights are avoidable. (just go around the monster groups)
- The Scifi elements are dimmed down and do not overshadow the fantasy medival elements, also not in the end game!
- Satisfying story, although not that complex.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:25 am
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Congrats on finishing. I'm nearing the end and I really like the way the story line picks up. Warnings, threats, bribes--what will happen next? Good stuff. My squad is now level 20, what level were you at when you finished?
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:55 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I like this game, but it is too difficult for me. I am not skilled RPG player (I play mainly first person action games).
It is somehow more difficult (or maybe complex or something like that) than Diablo, Gothic etc.
But I like atmosphere and graphic (it is just other than in f. e. Return to the Castle Wolfenstain, but not necessarily uglier).
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:27 pm

142 hours of play. Wow
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:22 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-05 07:22, Anonymous wrote:
142 hours of play. Wow

Long, long, very long (but you can - i think - play 200 hours, if you really wants to take all of it)
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:08 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I finished it last week as well. I don't know how many hours I spent but it had to be over 100. The funny thing is, I know there were at least 2 dungeons I never even visited, and mega weapons I never found. I planned on exploring every nook and cranny of the game, but the path to the end became clear to me and I went for it.

I think my highest level character was either 23 or 24 when I finished, but I'm sure you could get much higher if you went everywhere. I plan on replaying the game again some time with a different party and seeing everything and maybe trying for the "optimal" ending. My ending was successful, but obviously not optimal.

I was so hyped for this game, it would have been very easy for it to let me down, but it exceeded my expectations. I can't say enough good things about it. I know it's not for everyone, but it's my favorite RPG in years, possibly even ever.
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:28 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

My characters ended up in level 27-28, getting really powerfull at the end.
The last area before the final showdown really boosted my characters a couple of levels due to the heavy experience points the monsters gave me there.
I also chose a satisfying ending, without trying the others, and at a later time I'm going to play the game again with a new team!
Wizardry 8 is my game of the previous year, no doubt! The only other games at the moment I have some hopes to match Wizardry 8 is Arx, Morrowind and Might & Magic IX, maybe even Divinity.
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 9:45 am
myrddin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When I finished the game the first time my chars were level 24-26.
In my second round (which I am in now) I want to try to get to a higher level, but we'll see.
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:50 pm