Code Book
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Julington Macs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Code Book

In a fighters guild quest I am supposed to get a code book from girl in Southwall Tavern. She will not give it to me though she has 100/100 disposition. Any thoughts?
Post Mon May 06, 2002 12:00 pm
Yo

I bribed her until she was 78/100 then she gave me the book.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 12:41 pm

jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

There was another thread on this recently. are you also in the thieves guild? If so that may be why. I couldn't persuade her either, had to forcibly take it....
Post Mon May 06, 2002 12:46 pm
Julington Macs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't even see it on her. How do I know she has it? And if she does, how do I take it? I'm at 100/100 and she still won't give it to me.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:36 pm
Pesky Wabbit
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My character is in both guilds and I didn't want to give up either of them so I pickpocketed her for it. My stealth isn't that great (40 or so?) so I went partway up the stairway she stands by so none of the three people there could see me, stealthed, cast a scroll of invisibility, and then stealthed down towards her until I could pickpocket her.

Not every item the person has shows up on the pickpocket screen, it is a random assortment, so it took multiple times but she does have it and I got it successfully allowing me to not piss off either guild.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:53 pm

thought about doing that but then thought about the fact that she said the leader of the fighers guild is crooked, and didn't want to aid them retruning the book
Post Tue May 07, 2002 6:32 am

Anyone try this?

If you are a member of the Thieves guild and you ask her about the book, she says it is needed to get the Camonna Tong, which is part of another quest. Will she give it to you if you kill the Camonna for them? Anyone tried?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:26 pm

No, you cannot kill the Tong and expect her to give you the book. The key sticking point seems to be that if you are a member of the Thieves guild she will never just hand you the book.

Sindau the Unregistered
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:35 pm

Pickpocket her so she attacks, kill her. Pay the Thieves guild 1k gold to regain your standing and then pay the bartender to get rid of the fine.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 4:27 am

Pontius

code book

Kill her!
It worked for me.. [/img][/code]
Post Sat May 11, 2002 9:41 pm