Brainwash....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Brainwash....

I wish I could soemhow brainwash the entire MW community, past and present so that they would forget that MW is old and revive the scene

I miss the fresh days of MW.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is strange how quickly nearly whole MW community vanished.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:46 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

*sigh*
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:02 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I wonder if it's the normal cycle of people moving to new games, or if MW followed the path blazed by "Black & White" a few years back- a game gets huge hype and is hugely popular for a while. As the initial "gee whiz" factor wears off, some of the warts start to turn players off.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:30 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Many peoples were here (early 2002) when the came first came out, and the MW board was busy. Not now, at least not here.

Definitely there is movements of gamers from one game to newer one, especially casual gamers who are the majority of game buyers. With only few and small CRPGs will be released this years, most them now probably playing games from other genre, especially top quality FPS tiltles that flooding the game market.

In spite of that, some hardcore players, and many modders still active at official MW forums. I can recognize some of them who have been there since 2 years ago, while many others gone to independence MW modder forums.

Last i checked, there were 181 peoples online at official forums.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:32 pm
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Ah well. I can't complain, I haven't even made my character yet. No time..hehe..I have started my own business so have been busy working on that webpage and getting everythign going.

Gonna make a char today ...after I install a few mods that I love.

BTW this is off topic but is it just me or is RPGdot.com going through some tech difficulties (slow loading/laggish) today (Its Tuesday about noon..but it's been giving me problems all day)
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:58 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You're on the wrong forum if you want to be amidst the Morrowind community.

If you want Gothic, you come here. If you want Morrowind, you go to the forums of morrowind.com. They're still very much alive and well.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:55 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Well, MW community is still alive, especially on elderscrolls.com, and new mods keep morrowind itself alive as a game...
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:20 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
Well, MW community is still alive, especially on elderscrolls.com, and new mods keep morrowind itself alive as a game...

Morrowind.com and elderscrolls.com is the same thing, btw.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:44 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Truly great games never die, they just get modded.

I'm thankful that Bethesda made it as accessible and user-friendly to modding as it is.

LONG LIVE MORROWIND!!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:13 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I have finally put morrowind on the shelf, temporarly, after playing it nonstop for almost 2 years. Right now, I am re-reading my HP Lovecraft book "Black Seas of Infinity"(21 Lovecraft tales) to prepare for Bethsoft's next game...Call of Cthulhu. Thief:Deadly Shadows is the next game I will play though. Then it is back to playing Morrowind with a new character. So far, it is THEE greatest game I have EVER played!!! I really dig the Jeremy Soule music for Morrowind!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:29 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

After GOTY edition come out, you can probably expect a lot of newbies.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 6:28 pm