Members
Usergroups
Warning to new players
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
DungeonKeeper

Warning to new players

If you choose to play this game be warned. You will find yourself debating whether you want to take that preplanned vacation trip and cancel it just to play this game. This Game is Hands down the best RPG ive ever Played dont let the interface scare you away I almost did, instead see it as your first quest and soon you will find it makes perfect sense, And What A great storyline. This game is full of surprises and the longer you play the better it gets. You wont get bored with this one guarenteed.!!!!!!!
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:08 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Your preaching to the choir my friend.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:30 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

As with all games, even the best games, you will get bored eventually but not after hours and hours of fun.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:34 am
Evotine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I couldn't agree more
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:50 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I was bored in the end.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat May 04, 2002 11:17 am

the end was a bit confusing, prolonged and unthoroughly made, quite a running around from A to B and from B to A.

But that is nothing that can ever spoil any aspect of this game.
Actually, it is kinda good that they made it that way. Because then, in the end of the game, you really really want to get rid of that barrier, and is about to loose your patience. That is pretty much like it would be in real life.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 12:46 pm

DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I lost my patience.

I didīnt play the game for a month when I was in the end of the game. It got reaaaaaaaaaaaally boring.

His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat May 04, 2002 1:16 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoHasNoName
As with all games, even the best games, you will get bored eventually but not after hours and hours of fun.

You'r wrong; I think that 'the best game'have unlimmed hours of pley fun.
So I mean there is still no 'best game', until there is a game with unlimmed play fun there is no 'best game'

HalfLife was close (to that title) but with Bleu Shift they made a mistake.

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:26 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

even a bad game can be the best
Post Sat May 04, 2002 6:46 pm

Ummm, which is worse

saying don't play this game or will lose your social life or taking the time to say it
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:53 am

Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

There can never be a perfect game in the material world.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:03 am
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

I've played through Gothic twice so far and I haven't gotten bored yet! There's just so much to do. Especially since its different with each camp you join. I didn't find the end prolonged or confusing too, in fact I thought it was loads of fun. 'Wahey, the first hero to insult the semi-omnipotent bad guys!'. It was just new and interesting, then I got the sword that could set people on fire just by touching them and thus was borne the amusement of watching people run around begging for water all over again -- but without the mana cost. :3

The end made perfect sense to me and a long and drawn out ending wouldn't have made sense since the whole last dungeon and all was pretty much the ending in itself. Plus it left off as a perfect entrance to Gothic II. Frankly, if they manage to even double the content of Gothic then I don't think I'll be seeing the light of day for a good while after its release. Yes, Gothic is a great game. One of the greatest. Great graphics, better content, amazing interactivity, grand story ... and openness of area that'll just blow your mind. And it doesn't look cheap and hodgepodge like the random generated land in 90% of the other 3D games out there.

Val was indeed right since you probably couldn't get a bigger Gothic fan than me, except those who've played it through more than twice (I believe Jaz has three times). Of course, I'm going to play it through at least three times because I have to see how things differ for the camps. :3 Anyways, long live Gothic and 'For Sanchez!' ... or something.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:34 am
HubaHuba

the only disapointing thing i found in Gothic was the small amout of things you can inprove your self in. There was strenght and dex, but everygame has that. You have sneaking and acrobatics witch are both not really usefull. 1h and 2h fighting, lvl1 lvl2 crosbow + normal bow, and 6 lvls of magic. ok that are nice things, but still it isnt really much. I hope Gothic2 gives you some more stuff to aprove in. And makes sure you cant be a super lvl6 mage + all lvls in fighting, bow and crosbow, like my char is now.

The perfect game would be: A game with hundred of cities, with no real line you HAVE to play (your forced into that abit in Gothic). You get born, you get feeded, you grow you can get better in anyway. You have to find yourself a real job, you need money for eating. But you dont find those things just on the ground. What i want is a real life world, only RPG style ofcourse. You can get your self any job, no restrictions. And what i want is that in one Forum people talk about this side of the world, and that there are other Forums for other parts of the world. No one has the same char as anyone alse. The world is that big that no one can ever travel over the hole world. So what i want to say, a GREAT world with no restrictions, then find your way true it. (with ofcourse alot alot alot of quests, but your not forced into them)
Post Mon May 06, 2002 10:23 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

And what would be the point of that game?
I like a main storyline that leads to a satisfying finish.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:54 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i disagree, val. hubba has the right idea. that would be the perfect game. someone run over to a gaming company and tell them to do that! i mean, eventually, it would have to come to some fraction of linearality. like, no matter what you do, you end up...joining (one of) the king's court(s) and slay a big monster bad guy or something. but the rest of it is kickass!
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:11 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next