Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
very strange, very frustrating PLS HELP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
neun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

very strange, very frustrating PLS HELP!

so check this out.
im in the 3rd chapter and i go to the monastary for my first time
some guy in the monastary (the one that sells scrolls) is supposed to engage you in conversation as you get close to him for the first time. and just as he entered into conversation with me i saved the game not knowing that he had started to talk. so this led to that glitch that i have heard other people talk about where you stay in conversation mode but there is no talking, you can run around but you cant access anything or draw you weapon....i also noticed that when i hit 'esc' to get the file menu the camera switches to a view in the harbour (which i am pretty far away from). by loading the saved game the conversation exits just after it loads and i can run around and interact freely again, however as soon as i try to talk to ANYONE they enter the conversation no talk and i can run around but the camera stays in their non existent conversation and i have to ctrl-alt-delete out.
i think this has somthing to do with the pause screen warping to the harbour so i teleported to the harbor to see if the camera would 'shake free' (?) it didnt, and as soon as i get to the harbour the camera freezes and watches me run around from far away.
so then i went to the valley of mines and guess what? the pause screen is ok and i can converse with npcs normally. i just cant have a conversation in khorinis and anytime i save a game or go to the pause menu its looking through the eyes of a camera in the harbour.

im sorry this was so long, but i wanted to include as much as i could in hopes that it would help move towards an answer....stupid me i dont have a second save and im 36 hrs in to the game

PLEASE if anyone has any ideas whatsoever i would much rather try to fiddle my way out of this than start over.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING THIS LONG PROBLEM OF MINE!

neun
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the froum!

It looks like you´re fucked. Your 'new world' part of the savegame is broken. If you had another chapter 3 save you could try to puzzle them together.
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:51 pm
neun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Welcome to the froum!
thanks

quote:
It looks like you´re fucked.
oh

quote:
If you had another chapter 3 save you could try to puzzle them together

how would i go about doing this? is there a way i could pick out the screwed part?....i dont have another chapter 3 save unfortunately but maybe i could get ahold of someone elses and use just the piece that busted in mine...or is that crazy?

in any case, thanks for your response, its much appreciated.

cheers
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You could exchange the new world files if you had a save with the same career in the same chapter.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:44 am
neun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

do the saved games consist of several different files?
(im at work right now and cant check)

would it be frowned upon, if i opened a thread asking for someone to share their new world files? maybe ill get lucky and someone will be nice enough to let me do a transplant with a copy of their saved game.

thanks again for your response.

cheers
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:09 pm