Need help with "Relief for Vatras"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Mr.Frosty
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need help with "Relief for Vatras"

I have just got the broken Eye of Innos and was told to go to Vatras for help, Vatras then told me I would have to find someone to relieve him before he could help me. I looked around town but I couldn't find anyone that could help. Who do I have to find to relieve Vatras?

Thanks in advance.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:44 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You'll need to go to the addon world.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:22 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Come on, you're playing NotR! Don't you want to see the new addonworld?!

Go get the pieces of the ornament and go to the Water Mages.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:15 pm
Mr.Frosty
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I didn't even think of going to the addon world, even though I had just been there. I guess that's what I get for playing at 3am. Thanks for the help.
Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:31 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I guess they did it this way to stop you going to the valley the second time and killing the dragons and all that before doing the addon world. That's what I'd intended to do, but really just to give me something to look forward to as I completed the main game. If I do Raven first then I probably won't be bothered completing the rest of the game as this is the fifth time I've played... and that's saying something for me!

All hail gothic!
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 am
chewy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have a big problem with this...I too need to find the replacement for vatras but I can't get to the addon world, which I presume is through the portal, saturas (or whatever his name is wont give me the key to the portal)
he says he has to hear from vatras to make sure I'm trusted...

..I have been stumped on this for days now, can't get anywhere

HELP
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:55 pm
chewy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok, Ive done some reading of the old posts and it seems to be that missing persons quest that i havn't done to vatras's satisfaction..

..only problem is I have no idea whats missing, I have spoken to skip and greg is all alone at the bandits hideout as we killed dexter and I still have dexters note...

except for the addon world I have been everywhere I can find in this world and can't find anymore references to missing people from anyone, the frustration is driving me mad :/
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:51 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Did ya consider READING Dexter's note? And then maybe...oh...I don't know...maybe going to talk to Vatras?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:29 am
chewy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for your enlightening advice oh lord high emperor..........I guess my stay here may be a short one....
Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:43 am
sleeperkiller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the missing people quest can be solved only in the addon world.and there you can find a replacement for vatras.i didn't found one, i think i must kill raven first.

keep in mind that depends what armor you wear.only in the bandits camp you need a ..... a bandit armor and you can use either armor you like, for example a ernest (if i remember corectly) will attack you if you wear a bandit armor.
before i went ot the new world i was accepted in the ring of water.lares gave me a ring and when i wear it vatras and other members can recognise me.after that vatras gave me a letter so i can use the key for the portal.

if you need more help don't bother ask me.
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:37 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The missing people quest is actually in two parts. The first part is to find out what happened to them and getting the letter of orders from Dexter is the last part of that. Reporting to Vatras after that (and speaking with Lord Hagen) gets you into the Circle of Water, and so into the Addon world.

The second part is that Vatras asks you to rescue those people from the Addon world and send them back.

In the Addon world you have two main objectives: rescue the captives and stop Raven. Once you have done those, the replacement for Vatras issue will solve itself.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:29 am
Happykillz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help me with finding Quarhodrons grave.

Im in the addon world and i cant find Quarhodron the ghost im supposed tp talk to so i can kill Raven. Please tell me where he is.
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:27 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Quarhodron's tomb is guarded by a troll and some hobgoblins. It's located near the hermit's house.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:09 am