Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Anybody with the new Gamestar magazine and a scanner??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Anybody with the new Gamestar magazine and a scanner??

In the new issue (10/2005) of the german magazine Gamestar is a 7 pages long article/preview about Gothic 3 with a lot of new info.

I've been checking all the local stores and although they have some foreign game magazines no stores has Gamestar. I know there are some german people who also come here.

Here's my question, actually it's more than one:
- Is there anybody who does have the ability to buy the magazine and/or already owns the issue I'm talking about?
- I know that scanning and uploading the pages is illegal, but is anyone willing to send them to me over the mail?
- Or is there something that doesn't have any problems with things called law and copyrights and is willing to put them online?

I've seen some thumbnails of the pages on the gamestar website and I'm dying to see and read them.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:36 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The best choice to buy foreign mags in Germany would be a big railway station. The Gamestar will be in stores tomorrow. Now only subscribers have it.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:40 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

OK, thanks. I'll be able to go to one tomorrow (Rotterdam Centraal) and will check what they have in stores.

That's the most legal option.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:35 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

International shipping can take a few days longer.
I bet stores specialized in international press can organize the Gamestar.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:30 pm
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Info from gamestar:
- Cold mountains will have an bad affect on your constitution.
- U can "learn" restistance against coldness.
- Armours mad in Nordmar will protect u against coldness.
- Ardea is a village

Spoiler:
where u enter G3 whiel orcs r attacking.

- Geldern is the 2nd biggest town (the biggest is half so big than Khorinis land(just the "newworld") (Gothic3=12xthis Khorinis part))!!!
- There will be Zombies.
- There will be "Oger" (I think it's big fairy taleful human being-corrosive monster).
- U can carry every weapon (no strength needed). Its depends more on ur skiled how good it is.
-devs don't want to put too much essential characters at the same place
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:07 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by LordHagen
- Geldern is the 2nd biggest town (the biggest is half so big than Khorinis land(just the "newworld") (Gothic3=12xthis Khorinis part))!!!

From what I've read on the WoG forums this is supposed to be Khorinis CITY. Someone in the WoG forums already sent a mail to Gamestar and they convirmed that it's the city of Khorinis and not the land.
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:27 pm
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Half of Khorinis city?! That has to be a joke! did I well understand? the biggest city in G3 will be half the size of Khorinis? or is it the smallest? I can hardly imagine the capital of montera beeing half Khorinis-city. And montera is almost 1/3 of Khorinis from what I've seen.
And what about this screenshot we've seen of the big castle?
http://www.ag.ru/gallery/13166/140171
damn disapointing
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:47 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well Sem I remember I could buy Gamestar at the local bookstore here in Barendrecht, not really the biggest town of the land. Gotta check soon if they still sell it here

@ lordhagen: what's dissapointing about that castle?
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 am
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's weird, first I thought that castle was huge but if PB says the biggest city is half Khorinis city it means this Huge-looking castle is just the size of uppercity+barracks?...It means these "huge" towers are little ones like the gate of Khorinis. I though it could be higger like the long tower in gothic1 old camp inner ring.
and PB wanting no more 50 npc's in a location but only 10 is sad.
In fact it is ok to see little city and few people but in this case it should be like in Gothic2 VOM: the "castle" surronded by a big burnt down outer ring so we know it is the war that caused places to be little and not very populated. we should also see some corpse if they was a fight no long before we arrived
on the mainland. And it would also be nice that npc's would speek of they fallen brothers and give some names, so we feel they really was(is) a war going on. We should also see lots of tombs like in G2 and particulary near citys.
This way it could work, co's having Khorinis city 2 times bigger the the capital of the mainland is annoying and hard to believe. But if we imagine that before the war some citys were really bigger it would fit the game/world.
However I still think they should be one or two citys that managed to stay the size of Khorinis- but with some burnt-down and crashed places
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by LordHagen
Half of Khorinis city?! That has to be a joke! did I well understand? the biggest city in G3 will be half the size of Khorinis? or is it the smallest? I can hardly imagine the capital of montera beeing half Khorinis-city. And montera is almost 1/3 of Khorinis from what I've seen.
And what about this screenshot we've seen of the big castle?
http://www.ag.ru/gallery/13166/140171
damn disapointing

Here's my opinion. Gamestar said in an email that they saw they city in an editor and it seemed much smaller than Khorinis.
1. I assume you see the city in the editor from a birdeye viewor even from the top. That could give a distorted image of the city.
2. They just don't know what they are talking about, but that doesn't make a lot of sense because PB and/or Jowood reads the article before publishing.
3. PB has found a way to make a small city looks a lot bigger in game, because on the schreenshots they are cities shown that already seem to be bigger than Khorinis.

I'm not worrying, PB will have their reasons.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, I always pictured the capitol as a huge city with a great fortress of the Paladins, the main Monestary of the Fire Magicians and a grand palace of the King.

I'd be a little dissappointed if it turned out to be a village with walls around it and a gate.

Still, I'm certain PB know what they're doing.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs more likely the Gamestar knows exactly what itīs talking about, because they didnīt see the actual game during their visit to PB. They only saw editors and spent hours talking to the team.
It seems PB chose to make the cities smaller to make the game faster. A reason could also be resources.

The Gamestar also mentiones that most of the screenshots are constructed with 3D objects instead of having been made as a real screeshot. Those pics are marked in the mag. So you should assume that all the spectacular shots are only design studies.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:50 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Hmm.. It won't really annoy me as I never liked big cities at all. Because if I forget one thing I need to go back a long way.

@Gorath: Do you mean that we won't be seing such sites in the game as in the screenshots ?
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:25 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I just saw the video. I was stunned
it looked a little like the old camp, well not really looked like it but it had the same dark atmosphere
I am so happy to see that, I know now that G3 will be the promised land for us Gothic addicts
keep up the good work guys
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:01 am
jonik77L
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Itīs more likely the Gamestar knows exactly what itīs talking about, because they didnīt see the actual game during their visit to PB. They only saw editors and spent hours talking to the team.
It seems PB chose to make the cities smaller to make the game faster. A reason could also be resources.

Major dissapointment... Khorinis was already unrealistically small. They
are going to make the capital of a whole continent smaller than something
that already looked like half of a backward village !!!! And 10 Npcs per Location
?!! Something less than a half way prosperous farmsteed... How do they think
they are going to pull this off and retain any sense of realism is beyond me...

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

The Gamestar also mentiones that most of the screenshots are constructed with 3D objects instead of having been made as a real screeshot. Those pics are marked in the mag. So you should assume that all the spectacular shots are only design studies.

?! What ?! What kind of a way is that to present a game ?! "screenshots" that
arent screenshots ?! So instead of concept sketches they gave us "concept 3D
renders" ? please tell me that I understood wrong. I mean their renderer CAN
provide that quality right ? Its not something that an artist made in 3Ds Max
or something... The more I hear about this game the less I feel that we
should take PB at face value at least untill we see something more concrete...
that being this far only the rather dissapointing GC presentation combined with the above info...

6 months ?! more likely a year...
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:06 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next