Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
(Please Help)! Best Time To, If At All Install Expansions?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Obi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

(Please Help)! Best Time To, If At All Install Expansions?

Hello Moderator/Gamer:

First time on this forum, looks like it's going to be an enjoyable journey!

BTW I have seacherd the post/threads and just don't feel it completely answerd yet. That said, I'm just out of the Census/Excise/Character Creation office in Seyda Neen And wanting to completely finish (FIRST) the (original) 'Morrowind'. On PC btw. And would like to install both expansions for bug fixes and or Journal updates extra. My questions:

'Morrowinds'/main quests according to the forums, say's after installing the expansions and in this particular case 'Tribunal' an assassin(s) will attack me the (first time I sleep/rest) in 'Morrowind'. Is that so?

1) Can/should this be avoided all together?

2) Exactly Where/When/How?

3) The Best/Fastest way through/killing the Assassin(s) and then back to 'Morrowind' questing

4) Is this the (ONLY) interference/intrusion into 'Morrowind' quest (By the expansions)?

5) Can (Mournhold) and or (Solstheim) be visited (no combat yet) then return back to finish 'Morrowind'?

6) Is there any new (skins) in the Character Creation, just in case I want to start fresh again?
Sorry for the novel like questions! Thanks big-time one and all for your kind replys!
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:42 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hello, welcome to the forums! I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. I would install both expansions right now. It really won't change the main quest at all - Mournhold and Solstheim will simply wait for you until you are ready. Don't worry about the assassins - they will attack you as soon as your levels are high enough, and it will be wherever the heck you happened to sleep on that occasion. They're not difficult at all to kill. When I was attacked, I spoke to the guy (sorry don't remember his name) in Ebonheart about it and afterwards I was never attacked. I just continued the main quest until I decided to go to Mournhould. This (and the little Solstheim dialogue topic) are the only things that change. And yes, you can go to Solstheim and Mournhold and than come back. No new skins as far as I know. So install those expansions ASAP!
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:41 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Well done, CIA. Sound advice from start to finish.

Welcome, Obi.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:58 am
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Two additions:

1) If you install Tribunal later in the game, the assassins will be better armed (and often attack in packs). My personal experience was - the later I installed Tribunal, the more trouble I had dealing with them, so you'd better install this expansion right away as per Cinderella's advice.

2) Bloodmoon comes with a bunch of great new Nord skins for NPCs and players alike - 'great' in the sense of 'really nice to look at if compared to the average Morrowind skins'. So if you want to play a Nord you'd better start over now and reinstall the main game with all expansions.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:08 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
Well done, CIA. Sound advice from start to finish.

Thank you!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 am
Obi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best time for Installing Expansions

Thanks so very much: CIACinderella,dteowner,ImagoStorm

I really appreciate all of your kind and fast yet thorough replies! I can't tell you how many times I've tried elsewhere, gettiing this question answerd as a whole not just in part!

That said, I think I'll uninstall/reinstall 'Morrowind' and the Expansions and also the latest patch after 'Bloodmoon'!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:04 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Oops, sorry, I wrote 'reinstall', but actually I meant 'install'. It won't be necessary to reinstall, just install the expansions uín addition to the game and start playing with a new character.
I hope it's not too late yet...
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 am