Usergroups
Whats going on with this game??? (posible spoilers and its l
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

At first I was enjoying the heck out of this game, but later on in act 4 now, I am just getting mad.

First things were just getting kind of annoying cause I was having problems with most of the monsters all of a sudden, they suddenly got soo hard, but I am at max strength, and I have the merc heavy armour, and the amulet that gives me + 15 to arrows and weapon protection, and a 71 damage tamplar sword. I cant find anything better, and like I said I am maxed out of str.

That wasnt too bad at 1st, cause I like fighting in this game, looks really cool, and its smooth, so I didnt mind re-loading 10 times, but its getting tiresome. Is this just me or what?

The worst part I've found later on, is bugs are popping out of everything, before I had maybe 2 minor bugs that I really noticed, but now every two seconds I have one. Mostly its just dialog, but because one of the things I really like in this game is that its realistic and I can grow fond of characters, it makes me mad. Like the Gorn in the free mine bug, I like him, now hes all pissy with me and it ruins the atmosphere, I am helping him, but he says I killed his buddy???. Next I decide to take out the gaurds at teh OC, but ofcourse now that I did that, Diegos mad at me, saying I'm to blame for killing a member of the OC, so that takes the atmosphere out of that friendship.

Now I have no motivation to go on, everyone I liked hates me now, so the storyline of me helping people who helped me is gone.

It like they just through it all together near the end, all rush job like, which makes me mad when the game started off as my favorite game ever.

Ohh well, I still like the game, and just for what I've played so far its worth the money I payed, and I'll be awaiting Gothic 2 in hopes they dont rush it, and learn from their mistakes on this one, but I am still mad that it turned into a game I dont even want to finish,

Well that was my angry rambling about Gothic, most of the things I dislike about it, so dont get me wrong, I still like the game, just pissed on how its ending up. :|

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:44 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

Very strange, as the game is NOT rushed at all! Standing before the OC, Diego helped me killing the guards with his bow! It's true for some strange reason Gorn attacked me once in the free mine, but he had no hard feelings afterwards. Honest, besides that strange attack of Gorn I've not detected one single bug in the entire game and I've played this game several times!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:59 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-12-30 15:44, pakaraatzi wrote:

First things were just getting kind of annoying cause I was having problems with most of the monsters all of a sudden, they suddenly got soo hard, but I am at max strength, and I have the merc heavy armour, and the amulet that gives me + 15 to arrows and weapon protection, and a 71 damage tamplar sword. I cant find anything better, and like I said I am maxed out of str.

That wasnt too bad at 1st, cause I like fighting in this game, looks really cool, and its smooth, so I didnt mind re-loading 10 times, but its getting tiresome. Is this just me or what?

Yes, itīs you.
After the Free Mine incident you should have better weapons like the crossbow of war and some nice axes.
The monsters are strong now, if you still attack groups of monsters itīs your own fault. Maybe you are not using all the strategic optinons you have?

quote:

The worst part I've found later on, is bugs are popping out of everything, before I had maybe 2 minor bugs that I really noticed, but now every two seconds I have one. Mostly its just dialog, but because one of the things I really like in this game is that its realistic and I can grow fond of characters, it makes me mad. Like the Gorn in the free mine bug, I like him, now hes all pissy with me and it ruins the atmosphere, I am helping him, but he says I killed his buddy???. Next I decide to take out the gaurds at teh OC, but ofcourse now that I did that, Diegos mad at me, saying I'm to blame for killing a member of the OC, so that takes the atmosphere out of that friendship.

Iīm with Bourrie here. Nevertheless the number of bugs seems to vary from player to player.
Gornīs behaviour in the Free Mine should be the last important bug. All the critical stuff is behind you.

quote:

Now I have no motivation to go on, everyone I liked hates me now, so the storyline of me helping people who helped me is gone.

Not exactly. You help them out in a different way. They simply donīt have all the infos.

quote:

It like they just through it all together near the end, all rush job like, which makes me mad when the game started off as my favorite game ever.

I wouldnīt be so harsh, but I agree, the game gets weaker to the end.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-12-30 17:31 ]
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:15 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I've found lots of other bugs that may not directly effect the game, but are very annoying and shouldnt be there. Things I summon shouldnt run off to the other side of the map chasing people I am friends with, or running into things and getting stuck IN them cause of clipping errors, my Golem got stuck in the wall of the old camp cause it see people there on the other side.

I dont care how little imporatance to the actaul game having Gorn and Diego hating me is, but it makes the game feel empty and very non-realistic. And when I said theres no motivation anymore, I meant because both of the people I was growing attached to in the game now hate me, so why help them?

If it were a normal game, these things probably wouldnt bother me much, but since in the begining it was so great, and I grew attached to how fun it was, and how realistic it was, and how it made me stay up till 3am before, they do, and make me feel like I've started playing a completly different game, and I dont like that game too much.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:44 pm

Gorn is a terrible bug that should be fixed with a patch. If it worked correctly Gorn could do most of the work in the mine for you. As it when Gorn goes to your right you should run straight through to the mine to your front and clean the guards out and continue on. If you get the guards out and find the Org then on your way back Gorn will be there waiting for you and he won't attack. Tell him to stay there while you check the mine out. There are a few other bugs in the game. I have noticed I get more system crashes the further I get into the game.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 1:30 am

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:

pakaraatzi wrote:

and I have the merc heavy armour, and the amulet that gives me + 15 to arrows and weapon protection, and a 71 damage tamplar sword. I cant find anything better, and like I said I am maxed out of str.

hmm when you attack the free mine there should be an axe on one of the corpses outside giving 96 damage.
And yes there are a lot of very annoying bugs but I keep finding myself coming back for more.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 1:52 am
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yeah, I still keep playing too, if anything, I want atleast know the end story, so when Gothic 2 comes out, I know whats going one.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:20 am
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I killed Lee, he drops a 104 damage ax that needs 95 STR, so go cap his ass, especially since you're already a merc. I did this a long time ago, before I was even kicked out of the old camp, so I went the rest of the game guildless. Doesn't matter though, everyone was dead, except for gorn, milten, and Taras, that one guy in Sect camp who got ambushed by the goblins...he's invincible for some reason.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:52 am