can't run NOTR with english trnaslation mode
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
filip 5000
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can't run NOTR with english trnaslation mode

i just got a gothic2 gold edittion( german version) today. I instaled the game and the eng.t. mode. I tried to ran it and I got this error:

Fehler beim Ausfuhren von:
"C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic2\System\Gothic2.exe"-game:
g2att-g2tnotr.ini.

The System can not find the file specified.

I reinstaled the game and tried to play it without the eng. t. mode and the game would not even start.What do I do?
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:11 am
RoiDanton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think you must install G2-ModKit before you install english translation-mod. After that you shouldn´t get this error.

G2-ModKit (small)
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:41 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

No, the mod kit isn´t needed. The game should run without it. I´ll move the thread to G2 General, where more people see it.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:30 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm did u install the GothicStarter patch ?
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:53 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: can't run NOTR with english trnaslation mode

This dialogue is generated by GothicStarter, so most likely filip 5000 has it installed already.

quote:
Originally posted by filip 5000
Fehler beim Ausfuhren von:
"C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic2\System\Gothic2.exe"-game:
g2att-g2tnotr.ini.

The System can not find the file specified.

This looks like a "Wrong path" error message. Are you sure that Gothic 2 is installed in C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic2?
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:53 pm
filip 5000
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I reinstalled my german gothic2 but the game would not run(I did not install the eng.t. mod this time). I removed the german version and then I installed my US version of the game but it would not run either. I played it before on the same system without any problems. Should I reinstall the windows maybe?Help!
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:12 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I reinstalled my german gothic2 but the game would not run(I did not install the eng.t. mod this time).

Would you elaborate on what you mean by "the game would not run"? Does it show you an error message? Or nothing happens?

quote:
Should I reinstall the windows maybe?Help!

Er... System Restore?
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:16 pm
filip 5000
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i mean the game wont start at all.I click on the G2 icon but nothig happens.No error message .Like i said i played the u.s. and polish version of the game before and evrything was fine.It happend after i installed e.t. mod which i removed anyway.I'm playing games like Far Cry or Thief3 whithout any problems.The bottom line is that right now even u.s. G2 won't work
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:02 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Always open up the Task Manager and close any application you don't need.

quote:
i mean the game wont start at all.I click on the G2 icon but nothig happens.No error message .

Did it happen after you install the mod or after you uninstall one copy of G2? If the latter is true, it's likely you have corrupted your registry. Try using a registry cleaner.

It also seems to be the copy protection at fault. However, since you can launch the game before, I doubt if this is the problem.

I'm sure you know that the first-time loading takes about an hour, right?
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:19 pm
filip 5000
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

After i got the german gothic 2 gold i uninstalled my u.s. g2
I installed the german g2 gold and a mod,then i got that error message i mention in my first post
I removed german g2 gold and a mod
I reinstalled german g2 gold but not a mod and the game won't start
I removed german g2 gold and installed back the u.s. g2 with the same effect-game won't start
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:48 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Probably there are some ununistall files of the mode.Did you delete the saves.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:39 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I doubt if the mod is the culprit of the problem. Sorry if I'm not giving any help but blind-shooting the problem.

quote:
I installed the german g2 gold and a mod,then i got that error message i mention in my first post

Probably you installed the mod in a wrong place. You should have remembered the folder where you installed your German G2 Gold and install the mod into that folder.

quote:
I removed german g2 gold and a mod
I reinstalled german g2 gold but not a mod and the game won't start

Probably you didn't uninstall the game completely -- either not all the files are deleted or your registry is corrupted with old data.

A quick way to try is to use System Restore to restore your Windows installation to its previous state (e.g. last week's state), and then try installing G2 Gold from scratch.

EDIT: Rumour from the JoWooD DE forum tells me that this problem may be called by some virus. Not sure, maybe scan your computer?

@Hi-Necro: Use PM.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:07 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hello, Kiwi Boy..

It seems like you know something about Chinese, that is very respectable, at least, this is what I think - unless you are using your mother language in the signature - in this situation, I will be even happier because China got a GIGANTIC saling market so PB should get a certain part of his attention to that market... and this will benefit we Gothic fans who are not living in German a lot!

Besides, if I am right (you know Chinese), could you tell me how difficult it is to learn Chinese? Or, if compare learning Chinese with learning German (I guess you also know German well), what would you say then?
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:47 am
filip 5000
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi! I was gone for a while and did not touch my comp. but I am back and i stiil have a problem.So I reinstalled Windows, installed back my gothic 2 gold and the game runs fine. But when I installed the mod I got the same error (mentioned in my first post). There is two icons on my desctop one is the original game(when i click on it the game starts with no problems) the other is Gothic starter(when I click on it I get two options--the german version or a version with an english mod but I get that error message no matter which of them I try to play)I installed the mod to the same falder the game is in.I do not know what to do. Help.
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:46 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay, did you know where you install the game?

Can you run the game (Gothic2.exe, not GothicStarter.exe) directly in the [gothic2]\System folder?

@Hi-Necro: If you want to post something off-topic, please use PM. FYI: the German potential market is much bigger than the Chinese one.
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next