Siege editor forum
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

Siege editor forum

hey... i know there is a morrowind plugin forum but can we make a dungeonsiege siege editor level forum? im sure people have made a bunch of levels and would like to share them. WHO AGREES WITH ME ?!?!

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 2:48 pm
cecirdr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah...that'd be neat. Perhaps it'd be a good place to ask specific questions on using the editor too.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:02 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

on using the editor? after downloading the game you get a link to Siege University... a perfect teacher... teaches you how to use it.. vey useful.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:04 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

If you want this forum, please post it here.
If there will be enough people that will post their vote here, I will ask Rend. If not, you can and will be welcomed to post your questions about mods/editor in this forum.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:55 pm
JadeDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think having a Siege Editor Forum is a great idea. Though the Siege University Tutorials cover a lot of topics and get you up to speed on how to use the editors general features, it lacks in finesse. The tutorial doesn't show you how to "fine tune" your game.

Who for instance knows how to use the stitch manager, or how to join regions together? Some in depth info on how to use the Character Behavior screens would also be nice. If GPG doesn't provide us with what we need, I suggest we help eachother. I'm all for it.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 9:26 pm
cecirdr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
on using the editor? after downloading the game you get a link to Siege University... a perfect teacher... teaches you how to use it.. vey useful.

Nah...not on designing terrains or mods....but weilding the editor to write full fledged stories....editing skrit files, .gas files. Making large dialog trees and things like that.

Hmmmm, now that I think about it, there are some good forums out there already for detailed Seige editor info...perhaps it'd be redundant to build it here too.

Try this link:

http://www.dsnetguide.com/~wsoul/

Or this one:

http://planetdungeonsiege.com/

That should get anyone started that wants to dig in deep on using the editor, or creating your own skrit files.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 11:20 pm
JadeDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, those links are really useful, I've found a great Stitching Tutorial in one of the forums at planetdungeonsiege, you guys might want to go and take a look at this link:

http://mech.phpwebhosting.com/~dsforge/tutorials/tutorial_stitch1.php

It'll make stitching a piece of cake....

And Cecirdr, I agree that creating a SE Forum here at RPGdot seems to be a bit of overkill since there already are a lot of forums that cover editing and such, but having editing info at as many different locations as possible only makes it easier for people to find what they're looking for. Who wants to spend hours looking for that one Golden Forum with all the info he or she needs when it could be found at your favourite one?
Post Mon May 20, 2002 9:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So it seems that we will not make new DS editor forum. However you can freely discuss about editing DS tool topics in this "general" DS forum.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:17 am
cecirdr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
So it seems that we will not make new DS editor forum. However you can freely discuss about editing DS tool topics in this "general" DS forum.

Ok...sounds like a plan to me. I image that many DS players will try their hands at modding and most general DS forums will end up with an editing flavor anyway. Editing seems to be the natural evolution of "how you play the game".
Post Mon May 20, 2002 1:46 pm