Lost Meteor Stone
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
sceadugenga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lost Meteor Stone

I've got a problem that's preventing me from completing Arx and was wondering if anyone here could help me out?

I seem to have lost one of the Meteor Stones that is necessary to get through the big double doors in the Ylside Bunker. If I recall correctly, I had all of the Stones in my possession but I (rather stupidly) tossed one aside at some earlier point in the game and now, despite a long time spent searching, I can't find it anywhere!

I have the Ultimate Weapon, my game is patched to version 1.17 and, as I said before, I'm pretty certain that I did collect all the stones during the course of the game (including the two in the Ylside Bunker itself).

Is there anything I can do? (and please, for the love of god, don't say "start the game again" )
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

It has been ages since anyone has needed it but one of the devs was always willling to send a patch file that would insert the stone to your inventory. Try to email him at jroby@arkane-studios.com and see if you get a response. Not sure the address is valid so let me know.

In the mean time go back and load your save games and see if you can narrow the search as to when and where you may have pitched it. Then be sure to run the cursor over all the pixels you can. Items dropped like that can often be hidden from site in floors and walls.
Hope you get it solved.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:53 pm
sceadugenga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the reply, I'll try out your suggestions and let you know if I have any success! *fingers crossed*
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:35 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well would not hurt to look in the bunker below the Bar, since 3 were located there, if I recall.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:03 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

There should have been a better way for preventing a player from visiting akbaar too early.
It was a real pain in the ass to find all the stupid stones, that I had accidentally sold to merchants in the game.... Really how on earth should i have known that they are required for solving the game.
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:16 am