Catacombs - Locked Door - Lockpicks
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Catacombs - Locked Door - Lockpicks

I'm a wizard. Just started the game last night. I've gotten to the entrance to the catacombs and gone down. I've searched there as much as I can but I can't go far because of a locked gate.

I used the pyramid to get down to the other pyramid and killed the skeletons there. Then serached around as much as I could but now I'm barred by a locked door.

With my last level up, I chose the lockpick skill, hoping to open one or the other of these. But when I try to use it, the game tells me I don't have lockpicks.

The shopkeeper doesn't sell them. No one else has them to trade. I have nothing left to do in town now except the pyramids. I cured the sick soldiers, unthawed Lanilor, got the herbs for the shopkeeper, got into the locked house in the northeast, moved barrels, packages, and even boulders looking for hidden things.

How do I find a key or lockpicks so Ican go further into the catacombs? Thank you.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 3:59 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You don't need the lockpick skill to open the door. Find 3 glowing blue orbs in the catacombs area. Read the hints and clues left scattered around. You'll have to drop the orbs in circles in the room outside that locked door. This will open a portal. Step through the portal and you'll be in the room and the gate will be unlocked.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:46 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
You don't need the lockpick skill to open the door. Find 3 glowing blue orbs in the catacombs area. Read the hints and clues left scattered around. You'll have to drop the orbs in circles in the room outside that locked door. This will open a portal. Step through the portal and you'll be in the room and the gate will be unlocked.

I'm not deep enough into the catacombs on either end to find any blue orbs. Nothing is glowing where I am and I've clicked on everything.

If I go in from the top I can go south one room to where the five candles surround the book on the table. to the east of that is a locked gate I can't get by. No orbs.

If I teleport down to the bottom I can go south one room from where I found the pyramid. Then I can go west. There's a portal stone there that brings me back to the mad mage's cellar. To the east of that stone there's another locked door. Beyond the door there is a lever, which I can't reach.

I'm level 4. I don't have telekenesis yet. BTW, can you use that through a solid, locked door?
Post Sat May 10, 2003 3:23 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

hereis where the orbs are. They are on the first level of the catacombs. It's a clickable map, so you can go through all levels of the catacombs here.
Placing the orbs on the pentagrams opens a teleport gate that will bring you to the room next to it.

They pyramid is located on the fourth level (there are five in total). The door that you have found can only be unlocked from the other side.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sat May 10, 2003 10:13 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Myrthos
hereis where the orbs are. They are on the first level of the catacombs. It's a clickable map, so you can go through all levels of the catacombs here.
Placing the orbs on the pentagrams opens a teleport gate that will bring you to the room next to it.

They pyramid is located on the fourth level (there are five in total). The door that you have found can only be unlocked from the other side.

Thanks for your note. But I couldn't use the orbs because I didn't have them yet. I was stuck two rooms into the catacombs. Finally a friend who had played the game called and told me to click out those cancles, not that she was sure it would help. While I was doing so, I accidentally ran the cursor over the lever on the wall. Egg on my face. All I had to do to proceed was click the lever.

Thanks for the great map. I won't miss anymore levers with that.

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Wed May 14, 2003 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 11, 2003 2:18 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Ah.... I thought you was at a different locked gate Kay...... errr ... SilkenKidden
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun May 11, 2003 10:00 pm