Members
Usergroups
Question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Chief Broom

Question...

Is there a way to set the game to play in third person perspective? I know you can hold down the TAB key and get that view, but I'm wondering if there is a way to set that as the default view? I just find the first person view somewhat disorienting. I'd like to try the game with the third person perspective and be able to switch back and forth between views at will (without having to hold down a key). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:15 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You can press tab to toggle to 3rd person view and press again to return...

If you hold tab you can move around your person and look at it from all sites. That is what I read about it.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:16 pm
Chief Broom

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm at work right now but I'll check this tonight. I didn't notice the TAB key actually toggeling the view, but I may not have actually released the key. I used the mouse to pan the camera around, but hopefully just tapping the key once will change views where I don't have to hold down the key.

I like the first person perspective, but in combat it feels very claustrophobic. I like being able to see more than just what is right in front of me.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:22 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

yep; I quick press of tab will change view. I tried using that view because I have preferred that view ( a reason why I don't play lots of 1st person rpg's ) but this game just doesn't work for me in 3rd person. To me, it seemed to be a handicap because you could only see at a cetain angle in that view and it isn't a good view at that. Maybe if the angle was a little steeper I would like it, but 1st person seems to be okay in this game. I guess EQ got me a little used to it.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:28 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

I toggled the view to 3rd person off and on all night last night, during fights and stuff....plus it was the only way to see my toes.

Yea, the 3rd person is a toggle. Although you may have to edit the .ini to make it the default. For me i just turned it on once each time i loaded the game.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:30 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Breakapart
plus it was the only way to see my toes.

I will say it to you once more. Look under your table .
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:53 pm