Arx Fatalis and food
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
eirelander
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Arx Fatalis and food

Hey... I just started playing Arx and I keep getting told that I need to eat.... I have food in my inventory but I can't seem to figure out how to eat. Help...!
Post Thu May 04, 2006 4:18 pm
booyah_boy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Okay, I'll touch briefly on a few important points, then answer your question.

- Try and post your threads in the appropriate forums. In this case, a thread regarding Arx Fatalis should be posted in the "Arx Fatalis" forum:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4

- Make sure to use the search before you post a new thread, mate. Chances are someone has already asked your question (this is not the most active board around, but it gets its fair share of posts). In fact, the following thread asks the same thing you do:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19479&highlight=hungry

Alright, with that aside, I'll answer your question.
The simple answer is this: use the food. That's right, use it.
If you are playing on an XBOX you will want to select a food item from your inventory, then hit A. If you are playing on the PC, select an item (that is, pick it up with your mouse either from the ground or in your inventory) and then hit your "use item" button (whatever you have mapped it to be).
Also note that each food has a certain "fullness factor", which affects how sated you are. Eating a mushroom won't do much to ease your hunger, whereas munching a whole apple pie will, much like in real life.

Also, on the topic of food - and just in case you were wondering - much of the food needs to be cooked before you can eat it. This includes raw meat (of any kind, whether that be ribs from a rat or pig, chicken wings, or fish), raw apple pies, and bread dough. To cook these items just drop them by a fire, wait a few seconds, and the icon will change to reflect that it has been cooked.

One last thing: you do not need to eat all the time; you only really need to eat when he say's he is hungry, however, you can eat anytime you want. Eating will restore a very small amount of health (depending on what you eat), and - of course - fill your invisible hunger meter.
Post Sun May 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Another simple answer to the food issue is you don't have the patch. Make sure you have version 1.17 and if not just check the link I put in the previous thread to the PDF. That is the support files and the patch is included. That "I need to eat" constantly was a bug fixed by the patch.
Mark Twain
Post Mon May 08, 2006 1:09 pm