Key for slaves
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Key for slaves

Theres a place just outside Gnisis (starts with an A, forgot the name) that has some slaves. I must have been there before because there are only slaves. I must not have the key because all the slaves say I need one. If somebody knows the console code please let me know. Thanks
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:47 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Anybody know the place and key that I'm talking about?
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:39 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The name of the place is Ashalmawia. I don't remember anything about the key, unfortunately.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:48 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

I went back to my stronghold, not there. I tried casting "detect key" at the place, nothing. Any other ideas? I really want to try and free all the slaves. Thanks.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:30 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I've had a look in the construction set for you, and it's a little confusing. I believe the slaves don't exist there at the start of the game, so they're not visible in the set? Well, whatever.

There is a key on a table inside the shrine, although I can't be sure it's the one you want. From the entrance to the room with the statue, turn left and go down into the room with the large rock fall. The key is on the table next to the candle. However, you may have already picked it up... If so, type the following into your console:

player->addItem "key_ashalmawia_prisoncell" 1

My fee is 500 gold pieces - please deposit it on the table on your way out!
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:43 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Just went there again, the place is called Assarnud. cfmdobbie, if you can help me out on this one, I leave 500 gold plus some skooma and moon sugar. Thanks
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:28 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
Well, I've had a look in the construction set for you, and it's a little confusing. I believe the slaves don't exist there at the start of the game, so they're not visible in the set? Well, whatever.
Well, I pooched this whole thing up. The slaves I pointed him to are quest-related, so they won't appear until the quest is received, yes? That's what I get for assuming which slaves Allanon referred to. Sorry about that, gents.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:54 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

That's ok, I should have been more specific in describing the place. I finished the main quest and still haven't covered about 40% of the land, there are so many places to explore but I love it.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:00 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Righto. Wrong cave...

Okay, more poking around. I see Assarnud, I see the slaves. Checking the dialogue for a single slave shows a "go free" option which checks for the possession of an item called "key_assarnudslaves_01". The Find function of the editor has never worked properly for me, and as expected it is a no-op here. Okay, so let's find the key...

Checking the item in the Misc Items list shows it has a count of 1, so it exists in a permanent form somewhere, but doesn't appear to be directly present either in Assarnud or in the cell you get to Assarnud from. Next stop is the NPCs - check to see whether any of them are holding it. Sure enough, Bazgulub gro-Ulfish is the key master! (Incidentally note that there's an error made by Bethesda there: Bazgulub is holding two cloth bracers but is not wearing them. His unarmoured skill is so high that his armour rating would go down if he put them on, which begs the question of why he's holding them in the first place...)

Well, you probably left the key in the corpse, or took it out and chucked it somewhere along your travels. It's likely to be gone. As those slaves have been trapped in that cave probably for weeks without being fed, I suggest doing the humane thing and putting them out of their misery.

If you really want to save them, however, type this:

player->addItem "key_assarnudslaves_01" 1

No Moon Sugar, thanks, but a bottle of Skooma will go down a treat!
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:30 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

I remember the quest but I also remember thinking to myself "could I be setting free a thief or murderer" and I must have dropped the key somewhere. You guys are the best, thanks again!
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:55 pm