Golden Mod
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Uriziel,

On my first play-through of the Mod, I joined the Swamp Camp and went on to become a Guru. I never got the opportunity to learn Alchemy and never found the trigger to enter the "abandoned" mine. I just used Marvin Mode to "k" into the mine and worked my way through it (very tough "dungeon" too!).

I'm now working my way through the Mod as a member of the Old Camp. I'm still in Ch 2, so I'll let you know if I see any opportunities to learn Alchemy or enter the "abandoned" mine.

For me, I see the text of the new conversations just fine, so I don't know where your problem is coming from. Sorry.

(Maybe check the .ini file to see if the option to hide text somehow got set without your knowledge?)

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Sat May 06, 2006 4:22 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Thanks. Nefarius said entering the mine by marvin would cause probs.

I still would like to know where EXACTLY Blade's axe should be found. I firmly believe it was never "inserted" when I got the quest. I know Gothic fairly well and have searched every inch.......... and have even used various methods to find the dam axe ingame as well as searching game data files.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat May 06, 2006 9:54 pm
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Uriziel,
quote:
I still would like to know where EXACTLY Blade's axe should be found.
Near the place where you've met your first scavenger.
Post Sun May 07, 2006 6:40 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Nefarius
Uriziel,
quote:
I still would like to know where EXACTLY Blade's axe should be found.
Near the place where you've met your first scavenger.

It was never inserted. Since I could'nt get anything to trigger the winch, I entered the mine "illegally", I "k'd" in and Blade was there. For the hell of it I possessed him and checked his inventory....he had the axe at that point, but earlier he did'nt. Before I left the mine I possessed him again and dropped the axe and kept it in my inventory. When I met him not far from Aidan's I was able to give it back and complete the quest.

In my journal it said I needed to talk to Saturas about the demon lord......but no dialog was available. After giving Blade his axe back Saturas had new dialog and the mine winch unjammed.

I appreciate the mod teams efforts, but my experience was very frustrating. Bugs, broken quests, and no text made playing an aggravation instead of fun. I finally decided to just enjoy the normal game or at least what was left of it, but that too was futile. The previous bugs caused a cascade of bugs. I could'nt enter the temple without cheating......finally got that fixed later. But when I could enter the temple "legally" all the skeles, orcs, guards etc. just stood there. Only the undead shaman and Cor Calom initiated a fight. After killing Calom the novices kept praying and the sleeper never did anything. Demon lords generated by stabbing the hearts simply appeared and flapped their wings. Smacking a novice with my trusty Troll fist took 90% off their health, but they kept praying. Hitting a Demon lord made them fly up and attack the sleeper......he would fire a few firesballs to kill the attacking demon lord, then sit calmly as I stabbed another heart. A totally frustrating experience.

I've played Gothic more times than I could possibly count. I know the quests by heart. The game world is as familiar as my home, and the characters seem like I have known them for years. Being able to go back and play was something I looked forward too........only to be frustrated with several days of bugged play. I can only hope other fans have a better experience with this mod.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun May 07, 2006 11:15 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I do have to echo some of Uriziel's comments about bugs in the Mod, but it did seem to work better for me than it did for him and, on the whole, I'm pleased with it.

As for the situation of Templars, Novices and Demons not attacking in the Temple, I have to say I ran into that, too. I thought it was bcause I had become a Guru at that point and that the Temple monsters are programmed not to attack beings with a guild of "Guru" so that they do not automatically attack Cor Kalom, too. I'm hoping that this does not occur when I get to the Temple as different guilds.

Post Mon May 08, 2006 5:30 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Further info: I'm now in chapter 3 and have become a Fire Mage. As soon as I did so, Dammarok offered to teach me Alchemy, which I accepted and was able to brew the cure for Y'Barrion. I was also able to brew up Cor Kalom's recipe for perm Health potions -- very nice.

I'll report back with more (WRT Golden Mode) as it unfolds.

Post Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 am
mrle
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great mod but I have some questions.

I'vo joined sect camp and became a templar, now I'm in 3 chapter but I never got the option to learn alchemy from Cor Kalom. But I guess this is a bug of some sort.
The other question is that I got a quest in journal about that guy Gilbert that left Old camp and now is in a cave south of Old camp. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about him. Tried talking to him several times as I progressed through the game but his lines never change and no other NPC ever talk about him. The Old camp is about to close now and I don't know if I'll be able to finish his quest later. Please help.

EDIT:

When can I enter the abandoned mine? I'm about to finish Ch. 4, and the mine is still closed.
Post Thu May 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4