View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ttomm46
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need Help staring out in gothic 2..really lost

Hi

just started the game..after leaving the wizards tower i get to kill one wolf then comes 2 goblins..i get killed right away just fighting 1....by the time i open inventory and try and dink a potion i'm already dead...

I hope this isn't a problem for evey battle..
just need help how to defeat my first 2 goblins....
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ok you probably havent played a Gothic game before, right?
The controls and hand to hand are different, if you are used to playing mostly first and third person action games you might want to look in the Options menu.
Then under controls swithc it to use Gothic 2 controls, see if you like that better.

Ok first off remember you have a block and then a right and left swing, you should pratice outside before going to the first fight.
There is a Stick next to the stove in the tower it does the most damage at this point.
Gobs and wolves I think it works best if you run up to them, if there is just one, then hit the target lock and swing.
Second method is to inch/step up little by little to draw 1 monster away from a group thou, you cant do this with all groups all the time.
Some have Borg conectivity like wolves, in 2 or more groups.
Remember you can run also, this allows you to get away and some monster will stop chasing sooner than others, ie if you run up and hit 1 gob then run away the others will stop after a little ways, lead the hit one away, target lock and kill .

Ok biggest problem is that Gothic games are nororiously difficult at the begining, so make sure you dont travel off teh road to far except that area Xardas told you about near the lake.

Next option would be to use codes to boost your abilities, till you get used to the game which could help alot, alot of new to the series get discouraged because of the difficulty. Its a great game thou not balanced properly to encourage new people to try and learn to love the series.
So if your still furstrated ill walk you thru or link you to the codes, the most important thing is to have fun.

Hope this helps ask if you need more.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 am
ttomm46
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks

Hi

Well i made to Kohrinis. not sure i spelled it right....
I'm now exploring the town.

Tom
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:29 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

As mentioned above remember you can always run away. Do as much damage as you can then run. When they've stopped chasing you heal up and go in again. You can also make good use of the scrolls you can buy cheaply or find lying around like ice and fire arrow. They don't do much damage so are only really useful early on in the game. It's a bit of a waste on goblins though but they're great on the bandits that you encounter all around the city. If there's two of them use the scrolls to take out one, then use the attack, run away and heal up then attack again strategy.
Later as you practice sword play experiment moving around. Running around your oponent or dashing to the side as he attacks is often better than standing still.
I never really got good at sword fighting even playing both games twice. I think one handed is slightly easier than two handed. That's a nail-biter of a decision you're going to have to make before long.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:20 am
MASTER
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Tips

Hy, man!
try read the following tips I post it.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111474&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Good luck!

MASTER

quote:
Originally posted by ttomm46
Hi

Well i made to Kohrinis. not sure i spelled it right....
I'm now exploring the town.

Tom

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:03 am
MASTER
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Need Help staring out in gothic 2..really lost - Tips!

When exit the tower, go to the sheep, then go left and kill the goblin.
Then walk the left border lake, and you'll find there some scrols, a bow, some arrows, and potions.
That bow is more useful than that heavy branch... And until Level 10, in general, bows or crossbows do more damage than the one h. or two h. weapons that you can use!
Remember the Harold apprenticeship! Momey will became a problem no more!

quote:
Originally posted by ttomm46
Hi

just started the game..after leaving the wizards tower i get to kill one wolf then comes 2 goblins..i get killed right away just fighting 1....by the time i open inventory and try and dink a potion i'm already dead...

I hope this isn't a problem for evey battle..
just need help how to defeat my first 2 goblins....

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:14 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup deffenetly pick Harold if u wanna be rich in gothic 2 addon , there is a nice way to be rich for the rest of your life
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:57 pm
MASTER
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't Use Codes!

ttomm46
My advice: don't use any codes, it will spoil the whole game spirit...
This is a game that you can play a second, and maybe a third time!!!
Next time you'll find more interesting by enroling to another guild.
Like Acleacius sais: "Hope this helps; ask if you need more"

MASTER

quote:
Originally posted by Acleacius
Ok you probably havent played a Gothic game before, right?
The controls and hand to hand are different, if you are used to playing mostly first and third person action games you might want to look in the Options menu.
Then under controls swithc it to use Gothic 2 controls, see if you like that better.

Ok first off remember you have a block and then a right and left swing, you should pratice outside before going to the first fight.
There is a Stick next to the stove in the tower it does the most damage at this point.
Gobs and wolves I think it works best if you run up to them, if there is just one, then hit the target lock and swing.
Second method is to inch/step up little by little to draw 1 monster away from a group thou, you cant do this with all groups all the time.
Some have Borg conectivity like wolves, in 2 or more groups.
Remember you can run also, this allows you to get away and some monster will stop chasing sooner than others, ie if you run up and hit 1 gob then run away the others will stop after a little ways, lead the hit one away, target lock and kill .

Ok biggest problem is that Gothic games are nororiously difficult at the begining, so make sure you dont travel off teh road to far except that area Xardas told you about near the lake.

Next option would be to use codes to boost your abilities, till you get used to the game which could help alot, alot of new to the series get discouraged because of the difficulty. Its a great game thou not balanced properly to encourage new people to try and learn to love the series.
So if your still furstrated ill walk you thru or link you to the codes, the most important thing is to have fun.

Hope this helps ask if you need more.

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm
ttomm46
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2

HI

Thanks for all the help....it really makes a difference to get some ideas what to do.

Tom
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:22 pm