Usergroups
*PLEASE* MAJOR BUG IN OLD MINE. Little Spolier
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I joined the Old Camp and went to the Sect camp to find out "Whats Big", got the focus and now I'm off to the old mine to kill the Queen!

I've entered the mine before and had no problems, actually I've never had a problem with this game but when I enter the mine instead of appearing right where I should be I appear in a mine with caves and such but with no exit and nothing else? Its not the same area and I've walked around but its all empty?

For anyone who got this far, are you supposed to appear here at this point? I loaded an old save and it worked perfectly when I went into the mine so I got no clue.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 11:13 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This is strange.
Of course you have to enter the Old Mine to kill the Crawler Queen.

Try it again. If it still doesn´t work, reload and save in another slot. Quit the game, reboot, kill every possible task, start Gothic and load the new savegame.
If your last save was only a few minutes earlier then play this part again. If it was longer ago...

Next step is mailing PB. Tell them your situation and ask them to fix the savegame.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:37 pm
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks I'll look into that.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:32 am
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Their e-mail adress is support@piranha-bytes.com
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:05 am
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I fixed it, in my save directory there are information saves for each area, well for some reason mine got deleted and the file was recreated no nothing inside( 0 Bytes ) This file was saved with each save game after it happened. I found an old save where I had gone in and did all I could, copied that oldmine.sav or the other and it worked. Its funny that the outside of the mine is actaully in that save since when it was messed up the two templars outside were gone, I replaced and they suddenly appeared.

Now I have 1 question at this point are these two templars outside supposed to HELP me? cause they just have the normal sayings. I want to know if I have to revist some spots to fill it with the info needed to give me the responses. If not, all the better.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 9:24 am

Well these two templers bring some kind of minecrawler secrete from the mine to the swamp camp. One of them (Gor ....) is supposed to teach you something about the minecrawlers. But as far as i remember this is no mission critical for the completion of the game. Eventually you already have learned the skill when you met these templers in the swamp camp (they are standing somewhere near the alchemy laboratory for some hours per day i think).
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:29 pm

FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's interesting.

Nice abyss effect going, eh.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:55 pm