Usergroups
Tips on Followers in Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

On separate issue, I've come across something else to whatch out for. Sometimes the followers lose the ability to share their points with the possessed character. The Script_Vars get messed up -- they will still follow, but will not share points.

I believe this occurs when you use the "wait here" procedure ("kill" the followers, have possessed char do some action, then use possession and F8 to revive the others later).

To get around that, I now do a "hero export" of each just before "killing" them and do a "hero import" for each after I revive them with F8. This seems to keep their Script_Vars healthy and working properly.

Their may be other conditions that will mess with the Script_Vars, so just stay alert for unusual behavior.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:20 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Imposteraz, just a quick couple of idea's, maybe,?

Re:- "wait-here" procedure.
You say that "killing" then later repossessing a char' causes share point ability loss, maybe if you "froze" the possessed char' by leaving them in the F6 state, when then returning to the first focus, do what you have to then come back to the frozen char' and O then F4. I always do this method. Have you hero exported a frozen char?

Re: senses range.
Have you changed senses different types? (type 3/4/5/6 etc') ? many npc's have the same/similar, but others? orcs? beasts? undead?
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:29 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Wulf,

Both are good suggestions. I'll give them a try and let you know.

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:59 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Admiral Nelson,

Yes, this is the right place. I hope you have fun with these concepts.

I left the final suggestions by Wulf hanging as untested, since I reached Ch 6 with my party of followers and finished the game.

When you change chapters you may have to re-insert your party, so be sure to 'hero export' them just before the change.

Also, in reaching Ch 6, I tried completing the chapter with each character in the party alone (since in vanilla G2, the final chapter is fairly easy). This worked quite well for each character except for Bandit -- since he is incapabable of using ANY spells at all (scrol or rune). Thus, Bandit had a very hard time finishing the game (especially since he uses a bow, not a crossbow and one-hand weapons, not two-handed -- as I played him).

Now that I'm getting ready to perform unnatural acts with NotR, I'll give the followers concept a try again and explore Wulf's last set of suggestions in this area.

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:56 pm
Black_Rider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

about notr

I tried to make a party in notr, it was succesful up to a point.....

I managed to make followers, as well putting me (pc_hero) in follower mode but the experience sharing did not work... i might have done something wrong, but I noticed that scriptVars and scriptWp were modified by the game on second export (i used Bilgot...it was the only one I had) or maybe even upon importing the hero files the game changes various stuff..

In any case I'd also like to change some overlays...u know the babe walking...the mage walking and stuff, it worked on g1, but even if you replace them in (g2 notr that is) the game inserts the proper values again...i even had a crash trying to make me fire magician walk like fire magician

P.S. you're doing great job once again
"It is the color of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his black gown emerge two slender hands, also the color of bone."
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:22 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hmmm, they may have made some changes in that area in NotR. I'll have to play around and see if I can get the EP sharing to occur -- otherwise it's not much use to have followers.

An exception to that is if you use aldee_'s difficulty changer tool and set it to give more EPs for solving quests and almost nothing for killing things. Then whether EPs are shared from fights or not becomes practically moot.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:11 am
Black_Rider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Something else i'd like to report... I made that Bandit (the first one you meet after leaving from Xardas) into a follower....at some point...I initiated a dialog
(had already exausted all the dialog options except the one about cavalorn attacking), anyway..while being my follower, he had the option in dialog (give healing potion), my next 2 followers where cassia and edda....(they're from the few female npcs that the armors like paladin's heavy and dragonhunter's heavy does not mix up with their hair), those 2 hadn't this dialogue option for healing potion

also...when i was in the addon world, on the quest to clear up the canyon from razors, i had 6 pirates with me...and everyone had this dialogue option to give them healing potions..
"It is the color of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his black gown emerge two slender hands, also the color of bone."
Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:21 am
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
Admiral Nelson,

Yes, this is the right place. I hope you have fun with these concepts.

I know this is off topic but...
How do you get someone to go to a different waypoint? I did the Regis one and i edited his character to a WP that was near the barracks but he just keeps sitting on that bench like a melon all day.
I need help!
Post Fri May 12, 2006 6:51 pm
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"Windows cannot find an appropriate program to open this folder*"

*the .ZEN files
SH**!!
Post Sat May 13, 2006 10:07 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Admiral Nelson, the topic is very related.

The 'gotowaypoint' command will send the character to the preset built-in waypoints you would need the waypoint list to check these out, these are different to the characters "spawnpoints" which are default script insert points.

All the .ZEN files can be accessed through windows notepad.

It is possible to edit the zen for spawnpoints but storyline essential positions will usually be overridden even after a save.

The gotoposition command will send any possessed character/beast to a co-ordinate x/y/z.

The saveposition command saves any character/beast position to be used later with the gotoposition and loadposition commands in marvin.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 9:21 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2